WebGL effects, trouble understanding

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:27 pm

I was playing around with the built-in webGL effects, notably the water one and some color changing ones, and I had some problem using some of them, like I could not understand their exact purpose or how to use them effectively (the ones with no parameters being pretty hard for me to wrap my head around, like "Burn"), that could be because I am not a native english speaker combined with the fact I am kind of stupid sometimes, but I just wanted to ask if other people had troubles with understanding some effects.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Some of them take a little playing around to get used to what they do, but a good number of them act similarly to photoshop blends and such.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:00 pm

That may explain why I have such troubles, as I have no experience with this graphic tools, I will continue to look into that, I am sure there is potential with them.

Thanks. ^-^
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General