Welcome to the Construct 2 public preview

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:08 am

Okay, I knew you guys were gonna use OpenGL, but HTML5 and a modular export system?! All these new features and improvements are fantastic, despite C2 being basically primitive right now. I can't wait for more!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:55 am

A quick question: is it possible to set it up so that when you choose Run Layout, it opens the layout in Firefox or Chrome, as opposed to IE?

I'll reserve my opinions until I have a better grasp of things, but I do like how the sprite editor is now MSPaint (since all my sprites were Paint-made anyway). Though I wouldn't know how to do collision masks now!
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:56 am

[quote="Emperor Ing":27fildz5]A quick question: is it possible to set it up so that when you choose Run Layout, it opens the layout in Firefox or Chrome, as opposed to IE?[/quote:27fildz5]
It's basically based on your default browser, I believe, which in this case is Chrome for me.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 am

So you can choose what to pay for huh. That's...kind of weird. Does this mean people can charge for plugins?

Also, it seems Construct 2 has the folder options. It would awesome if you guys can at least port it to Construct 1.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:25 am

HTML5 support...I can see YoYo games and stencyl sweating :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:30 am

[quote="Azu":ioks2yb8]So you can choose what to pay for huh. That's...kind of weird.[/quote:ioks2yb8]

There have been a few instances of the pay-what-you-want model, including albums from Radiohead and NIN, as well as the Humble Indie Bundles of popular indie games. It's just another way to combat piracy and still make a little money... pirates often cite "too expensive" as a reason to steal stuff, so this sort of removes that excuse. People who think $20 is too expensive could chip in $5, or at least $1. Or really at least $0 I guess, if you think that's all that it's worth to you.

[quote:ioks2yb8]Does this mean people can charge for plugins?[/quote:ioks2yb8]

Yep. If they want to. But plugin creation in C2 is going to be a whole lot easier than in C1 so it better be a really good plugin or someone is likely to make one that does the same thing for free.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 am

Yeah the one thing I think kinda sucks is that for all the guys who made awesome plugins in C .X (linkman, etc), all that hard work needs to be redone for C2.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:03 am

As long as I co color replacement (like Megaman games), then I'm game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:05 am

[quote="Ashley":10suvpdf]What browser are you using? Chrome and IE9 are very fast, the others are still playing catch up (but I think they've all announced plans to hardware-accelerate their canvases).[/quote:10suvpdf]
I'm using the newest version of Firefox. I will wait then until Firefox has updated.

[rant]I don't understand, why everyone is so happy about being forced to create browser games now? I have to tell the people that I can't give them a fullscreen hd game, because it only runs in a browser. I also have to force them to use either chrome or IE9. They will laugh at me and then play the real games.[/rant]
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 am

[quote="deadeye":2z5z2c5q][quote="Azu":2z5z2c5q]So you can choose what to pay for huh. That's...kind of weird.[/quote:2z5z2c5q]

There have been a few instances of the pay-what-you-want model, including albums from Radiohead and NIN, as well as the Humble Indie Bundles of popular indie games. It's just another way to combat piracy and still make a little money... pirates often cite "too expensive" as a reason to steal stuff, so this sort of removes that excuse. People who think $20 is too expensive could chip in $5, or at least $1. Or really at least $0 I guess, if you think that's all that it's worth to you.
[/quote:2z5z2c5q]
I think there's another big advantage. People earn different. So if you sell your software for 50$ it might be 1% for the one making 5000$ a week, but 50% for the one making 100$. If the last one now spends 1$, it isn't much money but the same contribution in relation. Should motivate a lot more people. At least I hope so.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General