Welcome to the education forum

For educators around the world who use Construct 2 in classrooms

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Hello everyone!

The purpose of this forum is to serve as a place where educators who are interested in or currently use Construct 2 can discuss their ideas and make connections with each other.

We'd love to find out where you all come from, if you're an educator who currently uses Construct 2 please tell us about yourself!
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Great idea! I look forward to reading about the experiences of educators using C2!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Greetings. Its nice to see this new space dedicated to the use of C2 as a teaching tool.

I teach in a "Videogame Workshop" class of the VG Development career at a College in Crdoba, Argentina (Colegio Universitario IES).

The goal of the class is to develop a game for a ecologic organization. The students may choose any development platform they want and C2 is their favorite choice!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi ! My name is Antonio Marcelo Im a teacher of the High School "Nave" (Advanced Core of Education) here in Brasil at Rio de Janeiro. We have a technical course here of Game Programming and we use Construct since 2011 in our Game Design classes for prototyping many games.

Now Im working in a Game Design book and I chosed Construcct for example tool. Thats it!
"keep calm we have giant robots!"
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Awesome idea!

[QUOTE=amarcelo]Now Im working in a Game Design book and I chosed Construcct for example tool. Thats it! [/QUOTE]

I'd really like to check on your book when it's out. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I run the Games Design courses at Nescot college, Surrey. UK. We use Construct 2 for our 2D engine of choice. The students love it. And so do I !
B

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:10 pm

wow I loved the new sub-forum :D
I hope to always participate
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm not actively teaching, but my wife teaches gifted and talented students in Maryland, USA and she's always interested in providing venues for creativity and logical thinking. Additionally, my first real C2 project is a less-than-serious "serious game" to teach the operating principles of a data analysis organization.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Hello, my name is Gabriel Mackievicz Telles, from Brazil.

I am a Civil Engineer Senior from a Local Company, and I do calculate various type of buildings and special building, for Commercial, Highways, and Industrial purposes.

I teach kids for free, one time by month, on Saturdays.

These kids are 12 years old and they are from schools of my region from Curitiba - PR.

A time ago, I translated Construct 2 and the translation was shared on the IGMBrasil.com, but I decided to give up of this activity because the spare time was oriented to other purposes.

Here they learn the basics of Construct 2, using the Free version and the Template of my signature, and when one of them demonstrates very interested in learning, I teach other types of games, orienting by email, Skype, forum and personally.

This year I would make a free Game Class exclusively for kids 10 years old, because the interest on each one vary, but the average curiosity on each age is similar, so, girls of 10 years old, likes to customize the doll with different clothes and then take a screenshot, while when 12 years old, they like Farmville, arcade, etc.

The main difficult here are the computers, they are very expensive, so, I did a huge fundraising from locals, and started to teach with three used computers, with CTR monitors, plus, I bought three more from my pocket and, it was donated.

I believe we still learning, especially when one have curiosity and someone else have the benevolence of give you a hand.

Therefore, hope someone come to Brazil, and visit my city, give me a "Hello".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

[QUOTE=amarcelo]

Now Im working in a Game Design book and I chosed Construcct for example tool. Thats it! [/QUOTE]

That does sound awesome! I'm a student educator and game design student at my school! I would love to see the book if you're interested in sharing!
B
S
G

Next

Return to Education and Construct 2