Thats Awesome idea. For example
   Game Design Workshop
Rules of Play
Katie Salen                            
written by Tracy Fullerton.
A Theory of Fun for Game De...
written by Raph Koster

Rules of Play
written by Katie Salen.                                                  If you read those book I think you will be a good game designer. so read those book to now about game design.

B

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey, I am also new to this forum. I love to join education forum. I love to share and join discussion to get help and information about problems and their solutions.
B

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

hello everyone..
it's a very good forum site
B

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Aloha kakou,

I am a teacher in Honolulu, Hawai'i. Trying to get the kids interested in making games instead of just playing the games.

Aloha, Puhi
B

Post » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 am

I love the idea of building games that teach and/or improve other skills. I've seen some creative games that can help people improve their math skills, increase typing speed, and of course there's the classic Memory game. I think if the game is enticing and clever, it can get people to learn without knowing they are doing it.

I think DDR is a fantastic example because you're playing "Simon Says" and getting an amazing workout (improved reflaxes?) while you do it. Rock Band and similar concepts appear to be great reflex drills as well. Another example that I saw online was a drag racing game where you had to solve several math problems to propel your car. The more difficult the problem you solved, the more thrust you provided to the car. I also recall a typing game that required you to type in a word written on the top of an enemy ship that approached yours. If you typed the word correctly, your ship destroyed the enemy. I'm sure there are several fantastic ideas out there. I have a few of my own and plan to explore them. I may post a few just to get input or suggestions if you all think they would be worth pursuing.

Since I am not an educator, but would like to help folks who want to better educate children, are there any concepts that stand out in your minds that could benefit from a "game"-oriented teaching method?

Kindest Regards,

Mike
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello everyone, I am so glad to find a dedicated forum for educators! I am Luca Morini, an italian Ph.D. Student in education and communication on a quest for the Holy Grail of community based game design, or "world making", as I like to call it quoting good old Neil Postman. I really do think that creating games together is a step toward a deeper and more critical systemic awareness, and I'm currently building a "wiki" resource on cooperative game design starting from what game discussion, modification and development communities have done...Sadly I am currently unable to post links, though I have a "World Makers Assemble!" thread in the development and design section dedicated to it. I hope I'll be able to soon build reputation enough to share my work with you all!
B

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:20 pm

jungle platformer game where the file?
B

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:02 am

Hi all,

I new here, I have an e-learning background and am looking into ways to incorporate games and gamification in to our modules to help teach children.

This looks like a great place for me to start learning how to build some simple games.

Cheers
Tristan
B

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Ever thought about making a course on Construct 2 on KhanAcademy? Would be awesome!
Game/Level Designer at Boxonauts
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 am

That's what I am thinking. Then I could embed it into one of my e-learning courses!
B

PreviousNext

Return to Education and Construct 2