We'll pay you up to $200 to implement our API

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 pm

mepis wrote:So how does this work? I'll admit I haven't read anything from you site yet so I'm asking this with complete ignorance. Can we use the plugin with your API and post the game else where as well? Such as, could I use it, post my game on my personal website, and still have everything work?

Sorry, time is limited and it might be a few days until I can delve into your program.


Unfortunately you can't use the features of our SDK without submitting the integrated game through us. If you tried to publish your game with our SDK in it, all the placeholder stuff would remain placeholders. We have to process each game on our end.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Gotchya. That makes sense. Are there any plans to do something clay.io-ish where I could use the plugin and SDk, and somehow, or eventually, use your information platform with games that I want to submit to Windows 8, Android, or other platforms?
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
15
S
3
Posts: 205
Reputation: 1,349

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 am

FGLmatt wrote:Greetings!

My name is Matt, and I'm from FGL.com. In a nutshell, we help indie game devs distribute and monetize their creations, and we believe we're the best at doing so. As the title says, we're offering up to $200 in advance to implement our API into your HTML5 game. We're excited to announce that it now includes a plugin for Construct 2! We're offering to pay you to implement it because we're confident your HTML5 game will make money. Many developers on our platform already are. That's due in part to the great games developers are producing using software such as Construct 2, and our active approach to the HTML5 market. We've helped HTML5 game developers earn over $500,000 in 2014 so far, and earnings continue to rise right along the general interest in HTML5.

What the API currently offers:
- Ads
- Cross promotion
- Simple IAP's (premium unlock)
- Publisher branding
- Scoreboards

We're actively building upon the API, so we have other exciting features on the road map.

Once the API is implemented into your game, it gives us the power and flexibility to rapidly distribute it (with your permission of course). Whether a publisher purchases a license for it, or a marketplace wants to offer it in their catalog, we can manipulate the API on our end and deliver your game to their exact specifications. I highly suggest checking out the API for yourself to see how easy it is to work with!

You'll find the API and further information here: fgl[dot]com/html5

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-FGL_Matt


do u distributing to facebook and IOS ?
B
13
S
5
G
4
Posts: 176
Reputation: 4,429

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm

mepis wrote:Gotchya. That makes sense. Are there any plans to do something clay.io-ish where I could use the plugin and SDk, and somehow, or eventually, use your information platform with games that I want to submit to Windows 8, Android, or other platforms?


Eventually this will be available, but I can't be sure when. It's definitely something our engineers are working toward though.

istavang wrote:do u distributing to facebook and IOS ?


We are not currently distributing to Facebook, nor to iOS app store.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 3:30 pm

FGLmatt wrote:Unfortunately you can't use the features of our SDK without submitting the integrated game through us. If you tried to publish your game with our SDK in it, all the placeholder stuff would remain placeholders. We have to process each game on our end.


What benefit is there to submitting through FGL, as opposed to directly to portals? When submitting through FGL, what is the potential revenue split on advertising and other purchases related to FGL SDK integration?
B
77
S
43
G
24
Posts: 525
Reputation: 20,580

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 5:38 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:
FGLmatt wrote:Unfortunately you can't use the features of our SDK without submitting the integrated game through us. If you tried to publish your game with our SDK in it, all the placeholder stuff would remain placeholders. We have to process each game on our end.


What benefit is there to submitting through FGL, as opposed to directly to portals? When submitting through FGL, what is the potential revenue split on advertising and other purchases related to FGL SDK integration?


There's a few.
  • We actively manage the ads to provide the best eCPM as possible (currently around $9).
  • Your game will be cross-promoted with other games on our platform (hundreds of games across a growing number of distribution channels).
  • We have relationships with the companies we distribute to - for instance, we work closely with Amazon to get featured indie sections on the front page of the Amazon app store. Even if your game doesn't get featured, it will be cross-promoted with games that are.
  • Your game will be easily licensable from our GameShop because a buyer will be able to simply upload their branding, choose which features of the API they want active, buy, and download the game to their specs. You don't have to do anything. And we just send you the money.
  • We're paying you in advance (up to $200) to implement our API.

FGL takes 30% off the net revenue of your game in our platform.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 8:47 pm

FGLmatt wrote:There's a few.
  • We actively manage the ads to provide the best eCPM as possible (currently around $9).
  • Your game will be cross-promoted with other games on our platform (hundreds of games across a growing number of distribution channels).
  • We have relationships with the companies we distribute to - for instance, we work closely with Amazon to get featured indie sections on the front page of the Amazon app store. Even if your game doesn't get featured, it will be cross-promoted with games that are.
  • Your game will be easily licensable from our GameShop because a buyer will be able to simply upload their branding, choose which features of the API they want active, buy, and download the game to their specs. You don't have to do anything. And we just send you the money.
  • We're paying you in advance (up to $200) to implement our API.

FGL takes 30% off the net revenue of your game in our platform.


  • Can you go into a bit more detail on how the licensing/branding works with TGL's partners? Examples of who they are, and what, if any, part of the licensing progress the developer is part of: eg if we don't want our games licensed, or licensed by specific types of companies.
  • When you say download, are you referring to source or just a version of the game that can be served on X platform?
  • What are common licensing terms/payouts for such an arrangement?
B
77
S
43
G
24
Posts: 525
Reputation: 20,580

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 3:21 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:
FGLmatt wrote:There's a few.
  • We actively manage the ads to provide the best eCPM as possible (currently around $9).
  • Your game will be cross-promoted with other games on our platform (hundreds of games across a growing number of distribution channels).
  • We have relationships with the companies we distribute to - for instance, we work closely with Amazon to get featured indie sections on the front page of the Amazon app store. Even if your game doesn't get featured, it will be cross-promoted with games that are.
  • Your game will be easily licensable from our GameShop because a buyer will be able to simply upload their branding, choose which features of the API they want active, buy, and download the game to their specs. You don't have to do anything. And we just send you the money.
  • We're paying you in advance (up to $200) to implement our API.

FGL takes 30% off the net revenue of your game in our platform.


  • Can you go into a bit more detail on how the licensing/branding works with TGL's partners? Examples of who they are, and what, if any, part of the licensing progress the developer is part of: eg if we don't want our games licensed, or licensed by specific types of companies.
  • When you say download, are you referring to source or just a version of the game that can be served on X platform?
  • What are common licensing terms/payouts for such an arrangement?


Sure.

  • There's a few ways we distribute. The newest method is through our upcoming HTML5 GameShop. It's simply an e-commerce site for HTML5 games. Publishers will be able to search through and add as many games as they want to their cart, upload their logo, and it gets injected into your game without needing you to manually do it. They then pay us for a non-exclusive license of the game, are given a download link to download everything they chose, and then we pay you. We'll ask you if you want your game in the shop at the beginning, and if you say yes, basically that will give us consent to sell it to anyone who wants to buy it. We also currently sell licenses for HTML5 games in our current GameShop, but it's not as dynamic to the purchaser. The other distribution method is to rev-share marketplaces (Amazon, BigRebel). Regarding these partners, we ask your permission each time we have the opportunity to distribute your game to a new marketplace.
  • Just a version of the game that can be served on X platform
  • Non-exclusive licenses sell for whatever you want to sell them for. Typical deals go for between $400 - $1000. Rev-share deals vary based mostly on ad CPM. We're currently seeing $9 eCPM on Amazon distributed games. BigRebel games get paid 14 cents per play (they don't allow ads or other monetization methods). You can find more about the deals we have with each of our partners in our forums.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 412

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 4:08 pm

@FGLMatt, thanks for the additional information.

Other than the $200 to integrate the API, what benefits do you see with your platform, as opposed to competing platforms? Buongiorno, TreSensa, etc.
B
77
S
43
G
24
Posts: 525
Reputation: 20,580

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 7:14 pm

FGLmatt wrote:There's a few ways we distribute. The newest method is through our upcoming HTML5 GameShop. It's simply an e-commerce site for HTML5 games.


When approximately the new HTML5 GameShop will be launched? I already have some games on the $200 program. I don't want to have the work to also send my games to the actual GameShop, since this can be replaced by the new in anytime.
B
73
S
19
G
1
Posts: 107
Reputation: 5,070

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests