We'll pay you up to $200 to implement our API

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 pm

TheWyrm wrote:*When calling an advert it says in the document it will be full screen. Do we have to setup how it disappears? for instance does it have a close button or do we make a screen that moves on after x seconds?

Found the answer to one of my questions.

"You can call a function to display a takeover ad at any time. The advert will take focus of your game and will display a close button for the user."
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:22 am

Is there a way to disable the plugin? I want to create a universal build and having the FGL QA test stuff popup all the time when the game launches is a pain. It seems the only way to stop it is to remove the plugin from the project, but then this removes all the associated events. So I would have to branch my project and make changes in two places, which is far from ideal.

Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:27 pm

TheWyrm wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, but I have some more questions. :)

*When calling an advert it says in the document it will be full screen. Do we have to setup how it disappears? for instance does it have a close button or do we make a screen that moves on after x seconds?
*Do we have to add cross-promotion?
*If I need to apply updates to the game after its been released can I do so through your system?

Again, thank you for your time.

You don't have to add the cross-promotion feature, but if you don't you won't be eligible for the entire $200 advance. It's a great feature though, and increases game-plays for everyone that has it activated.

Yes, you can apply updates to your game through the system. They will get QA'd again, and once passed we will update them in the various distribution channels.

TheWyrm wrote:Is there a way to disable the plugin? I want to create a universal build and having the FGL QA test stuff popup all the time when the game launches is a pain. It seems the only way to stop it is to remove the plugin from the project, but then this removes all the associated events. So I would have to branch my project and make changes in two places, which is far from ideal.

Thanks in advance.

You'd have to make a second build.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:48 am

Would it possible to put in a feature request to your developers to add an option to disable the plugin when selecting it in C2? I think this is something many will want.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:37 am

Hi

I've recently submitted my game. Here is what I'm told:

Hi there,

We see you uploaded a Nook and Amazon APKs on the File Manager before. We would just like to clear if this is an HTML5 game or an Android game. If this is an HTML5 game, please upload the zipped file on the File Manager.

- Go to your game's listing
- Click File Manager
- Click Remove Last Build, if one exists
- Zip all game files for your HTML5 game in a single layer package
- Click Choose File and browse to your HTML5 zip
- Select HTML Game (ZIP) from the dropdown
- Click Upload

-----------------------

- QA Status: In Testing
- Art Status: Creating Art

I don't understand... During the submission process, I was asked for an .apk files (both for Nook and Amazon), and now they want me to send a .zip file ? I don't understand.

Which exporter should I use and what am I supposed to send exactly?

Thanks in advance,

Rag
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:49 am

Ragtime wrote:Hi

I've recently submitted my game. Here is what I'm told:

Hi there,

We see you uploaded a Nook and Amazon APKs on the File Manager before. We would just like to clear if this is an HTML5 game or an Android game. If this is an HTML5 game, please upload the zipped file on the File Manager.

- Go to your game's listing
- Click File Manager
- Click Remove Last Build, if one exists
- Zip all game files for your HTML5 game in a single layer package
- Click Choose File and browse to your HTML5 zip
- Select HTML Game (ZIP) from the dropdown
- Click Upload

-----------------------

- QA Status: In Testing
- Art Status: Creating Art

I don't understand... During the submission process, I was asked for an .apk files (both for Nook and Amazon), and now they want me to send a .zip file ? I don't understand.

Which exporter should I use and what am I supposed to send exactly?

Thanks in advance,

Rag

You probably clicked too fast, but you should of chosen "HTML5" in the wizard and not the others such as Unity, Android, etc..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:15 pm

@FGLmatt please include a disable option in your plugin so we don't have to branch our projects for other platforms. FGL brings up a debug menu when the game is run. Which is only useful for builds aimed at FGL. Which means I have to have two projects which I have to make identical changes to maintain.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 am

Hello Matt, I am trying to send you my new game in Construct 2 but in the process I find a few problems:
1) Export my Game as html5 web normal mode (you request an embedded iframe?, so i have to use embedded with the fixed sizes of the game?
2) Since I don't have my own server at the moment I use GoogleDrive. But the method explained in C2 tutorial doesn't work since I cannot edit the URL (and I don't see the FOLDERID thing mentioned in the tutorial...Since the exported project generates a bunch of files: a) first i share the whole folder of the game (but what i understand is that the shared link must be directly that of the indexhtml file and from this file its reads the whole game project??
3) Since you ask no to implement adds in the sended game I havent use the pluggin inside the game yet
4) When I send to myself the public link of the file index.html it opens the file in script view
(i think because it reads from the file in drive instead of the http address)
Thanks,
Alfonso Martinez

PD: solved-->Kristy? russian method works, you can get the public link of your index.html file clicking in More Options-->See Details-->public link...eureka!
B

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing