What's up next?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi everyone at Scirra,

first of all I want to thank you for this great piece of software.

It's extremely easy to use and the overall performance and the way it work is brilliant, also the drag and drop feature is one of the best I have seen so far. I realy like the way its structured and the way you can organize yourself. By the way you are pretty close to let a game designers dream of a happy life come true.

In regards to Construc2, we are looking forward to use it to create isometric real time social games. Due to this fact I searched the whole forums to gather information?s, of what will be the next features up on your way for integration in Construc2 but to my pity I failed to find a "roadmap" or a "what?s next" information table.

So I will try it this way to gather information?s and ask 3 questions to you.

1. Will there be an internal code editor be on its way?

2. Will there be a import function for external JavaScript libraries

3. Will there be a isometric API support or integration in the near future?

Thanks for your time to read this and keep up your excellent work.

Best Regards

Stormskull

• Due to this fact I searched the whole forums to gather information?s, of what will be the next features up on your way for integration in Construc2 but to my pity I failed to find a "roadmap" or a "what?s next" information table.

Next thing to be added will probably be "families" as voted in this poll

So I will try it this way to gather information?s and ask 3 questions to you.

1. Will there be an internal code editor be on its way?

This topic might be of some help, C2 is designed to be "code-free" as much as possible.

But...

2. Will there be a import function for external JavaScript libraries

... you can already code plugins in JS. In those plugin you may "insert" a JS library (I did it for the hashing plugin (this plugin is not up to date with r57) and the pathfinding behavior (provided with C2)).

For the plugins, I put the "library" code within the plugin.

Else "library integration" is pretty much a "<script src=" line in your exported index.html

(more infos about the exported html)

(also I'm not related to scirra, just 3rd party plugin dev and CC/C2 enthousiast)

3. Will there be a isometric API support or integration in the near future?

It's likely that the answer is no (as in not in a near future). As answered to question 1, Ashley's working on "families" and you can see the options he provided in the poll.

• Kyatric's pretty much hit the spot with that answer! I'd just like to throw in a link to the Javascript plugin & behavior SDK which you can use to import other Javascript libraries to Construct 2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tanks for your reply to both of you :) We will try to get our own API in with help of the SDK, than lets see how it works.

Best Regards

Stormskull

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)