What are the main problems of the cocoonjs new version?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • What are the main problems of the cocoonjs new version (2.0.2)?

I opened this topic because I am aware of the problems that the new versions of compilers cocoonjs has shown, and would like other people here leave their reports if they wish; for further clarification and even suggesting solutions.

Just like to ask, in version 2.0.2, still having problems with samsung devices?

I have followed this topic:

"New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source"

But I preferred to open this, intending to list possible problems, perhaps a more organized way.

• My biggest beef is the black screen and flashing ludei logo still.

The logo doesn't bug me as much, but the black screen does. Just get a little loading icon in there.

• Using a loading layout made in the construct and not using the "splash screen" option of cocoonjs would not solve the problem? I see more people reporting this error.

• I don't think it will as the black screen happens before the Ludei logo. I could be wrong though, and I might give it a try tonight.

Other than that, I just updated and recompiled 5 of my games over the last few days and everything seems to work fine.

The only CJS specific features I am using are fullscreen and banner ads.

• Well this is from the Loading Layout tutorial.

1. Loader layouts are not shown when publishing as native apps on mobile (e.g. via PhoneGap, CocoonJS and appMobi). This is because the entire application is downloaded at once. Since all files are immediately available, nothing needs to be downloaded. For these platforms you probably want to focus on a custom splash image instead.

• In fact, using this option, your custom loading screen will appear after the Ludei logo.

ArcadEd, read this topic below, the user Allchix explain how this solution work's.

• Interesting. I don't have problems after the Ludei logo. My bigger games go like this.

Launch Game

Black screen of nothingness for 5-10 seconds (sometimes longer depending on game)

Ludei Logo - Flicker Flicker

My title screen.

After the ludei logo is gone, my game goes right to the Title screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What is also interesting is the Splash Screen option works really well on iOS. Launch Game, splash screen, Ludei Logo, Game.

I wonder what is different with droid that the splash screen doesn't work the same.

• Strange, you've already noticed a difference has occurred leaving the "minify script" option disabled or not?

There have been many changes in the construct, as in the Ludei compiler, probably something involving that.

• In all your games, you always used the Splash screen option at the Ludei site?

• I always minify, so not sure. I also use the default plugin provided by Scirra, not the beta one on the github.

If I have time tomorrow I might mess around with some things on the droid side and see if I can put something together.

• In all your games, you always used the Splash screen option at the Ludei site?

No always, only because on droid it doesn't seem to make a different.

Black Screen for a while

Splash Screen

Ludei Screen

My Title screen.

It's not like the splash screen takes the place of the black screen. Like I said, I will do some comprehensive testing tomorrow. Bust out excel and get spreadsheeting

• I don't use the splash screen in CJS, so when the games load, its always the Powered by Ludei logo, for 3 to 15 seconds depending on the size of the game, then it flashes for about 1 to 10 seconds and the game starts.

Also, please keep topics regarding CJS in one thread so its easier for people to all pool together or even via search. The more you disperse it, the messier it is to keep track of problems and solutions.

• It's not like the splash screen takes the place of the black screen. Like I said, I will do some comprehensive testing tomorrow. Bust out excel and get spreadsheeting

I do not think the splash screen would replace the black screen, but I believe that is the fact that you are using this in new version, the problem is occurring.

Try using the updated plugin, problems decreased when I use the version from github.

• ArcadEd , any news?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)