What aspect ratio are you using for your games?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • An interesting point came up in another thread regarding aspect ratio. So thought I'd make a poll about it, so we could perhaps gauge which aspect the users are using or plan to use.

This is not a thread to complain or beg for changes in construct to better deal with aspect ratio. Do that in the help section, lol. This is just to see which ratio you are using or plan to use for your game or games.

If you happen to be using something other than those in the poll, explain below. I know a few retro games did have curious aspect ratios, so it's always possible someone is doing a game that doesn't follow one of the two "standards".

Edit: And don't turn this into "I looked at Wikipedia, saw the other aspect ratios so am going to try sound clever by saying you missed a load of them", we know there's lots and lots of others and it always ends up on a page about sex.. Incidentally... Aspect Ratio -> Aspect Ratio (image) -> Anamorphic Widescreen -> Star Wars -> Princess Leia Organa -> Carrie Fisher -> When Harry Met Sally -> Fake Orgasm -> Orgasm -> Breasts

/is bored

• You fool! Where is the 5:4 from the list -.- 1280X1024 here so 5:4 yeh

EDIT

And it has lots of users if you check Steam survey if not the most can't remember for sure -.-

• 4:3 aspect ratio, so far.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 16:9 is the way thing will be going imho

but voting looks neck and neck so far

All my games are made in 4:3 so everyone can use them

Using:

16:9

1920 x 1080

• most games i make are 4:3, and sometimes i set it to 16:10 because my monitor is 1440x900

i dont really make games that are in HD resolutions though, i find its far too much work to do the gfx and my little 8300 gs cant handle much at that resolution so i tend to make things at a lowly 640x480 or even a 320x240.

• TowerClimb is gba resolution. 240x160.

• 4:3, but i couldnt vote because all the polls on this forum give me this error:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Anyone know what causes this?

• 4:3, but i couldnt vote because all the polls on this forum give me this error:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Anyone know what causes this?

Hmm don't know, try again later maybe. Not sure why it would be doing that unless you have noscript or something running?

• Well actually i do have the AdBlock Plus plugin for firefox, but its done it ever since i joined the forums and i only got ABP recently.

• I usually stick to 1024x768 since most people run at least that resolution or higher on their PC.

Anyone who doesn't, doesn't deserve to play games anyway.

~Sol

• 720p.

• I check if there's enough room for the activity I intend to do.

If not, I add more width or height

• I've designed my stuff so far to work with both 16:9 and 4:3. The difference in viewing space is pretty minor most of the time, so it hasn't been an issue to let the person choose and reduce stretching.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)