What determines my game is good or not?

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:37 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:Question was
"How do I determine my game is good enough to sell or is it only good for showcase?"

Sales figures. I stay with my opinion.
When then sales are good, the game is good enough to sell.

True but in asking his question I'm assuming he's still trying to determine if his game is good enough to publish, probably still in beta phase, and therefore sales figures can't be a good answer unless of course you're proposing he launch it and use the data from that as feedback.

Maybe I'm reading into his question too much though.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 pm

There is a 'holding back' attitude in the question. I rather kick him to the future, then giving him the argument that he seeks to 'hold back'. There are to many that 'hold back'. And everyone needs that publishing experience. Rather flop on publishing with the first 'not that good game' then flop later when you gots that 'exellent game'. Hope you see what i mean. Do Nothing is worse then Failing. Failing is part of the game.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:Question was
"How do I determine my game is good enough to sell or is it only good for showcase?"

Question was not
"What do YOU think is a good game".

Sales figures. I stay with my opinion.
When then sales are good, the game is good enough to sell.
When not, so what, try to improve or move on to better. At least you got some experience with selling and publishing. Very needed experience.

Trust your friends to tell you if its good ? They have feelings.
Trust a forum to ask if it is any good? Well personal i dont react to such a question when i think the game is shitty. It might not seem that way, but i hate to carry out a negative message to someone who's face i dont see, who's sweat i dont smell, who's handshake i never weighted.

You can't tell a game is good enough to sell from sales figures if you have not tried selling the game yet.

Sales figures are only seen after a game is being sold so it tells you nothing about whether it is good enough to sell.

OP question "What determines my game is good or not?"
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations