What do you hate the most?

0 favourites
  • Was wondering what people hate the most when working on a game, its not related to C2 in particular, but more in general, like making graphic, sound and so on?

For me its definitely making game menus absolutely hate it, take Suuuu....ch a long time and is so boring

• I love making game menus! I don't think I hate anything in terms of creating or implementing (Though I'm terrible with sound/music creation, I do think it's fun to work with!). I hate it when there's a problem in your events but you just can't seem to figure it out and begin to think it's a bug but you continue to check and then eventually realise it's the most obvious thing ever, like a slight misspelling, and volia!, you fix it. I mean it's satisfying to fix the problem, but it really gets annoying when you spend over an hour at a random problem when you want to work on more important things

I think this should have been posted in the Open Topic section, could lead to some interesting discussion!

• I love making game menus! I don't think I hate anything in terms of creating or implementing (Though I'm terrible with sound/music creation, I do think it's fun to work with!). I hate it when there's a problem in your events but you just can't seem to figure it out and begin to think it's a bug but you continue to check and then eventually realise it's the most obvious thing ever, like a slight misspelling, and volia!, you fix it. I mean it's satisfying to fix the problem, but it really gets annoying when you spend over an hour at a random problem when you want to work on more important things

I think this should have been posted in the Open Topic section, could lead to some interesting discussion!

Same, hate my own bugs.

Also, programming is the least fun thing in game development for me. The best part is designing the game itself, and making game systems, story and characters, music and sound. I'm not best at graphics unfortunately. I can do all right images, but not great ( unless it's very stylized and not very realistic ).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I got 2 most hated things about C2 and HTML5:

HTML5 offers great cross-platform but I hate this technology for not offering the native performance.

Related to C2, Tilemap was unprofessionally adjusted for multi-screen support. He shouldn't force all users to use letterbox integer scale. The solution is supposed to adjust drawing or rendering.

• I hate doing the graphics because my art skill is still quite terrible.

I do wish I have an actual professional artist working with me but I cannot afford such a person and more importantly, I am already too far into my current game development to handle one coming in without wasting a lot of time.

Thankfully I have the wisdom to understand my limitation early on and opt for a small native resolution to hide my poor graphic ability.

• Level designs!! For me, I won't say hate, but it gets realllllyyyy tiresome after a few dozens.

First few levels....hehe this is so much fun

about the 10th level.....I am going to test and challange the players mind!

About the 20th level.......err...I'll just copy a few designs from the earlier and combine with some new.

After the 30th level.......For Each (Level): copy, paste, mix

• Just this week I learnt that I hate making tutorials. It's because I already know how to play my own game and the mechanics of it, and making a tutorials seems like a waste of time... Hell, I have beaten X-Com terror from the deep on superhuman difficulty, and that game didn't have a tutorial! On top of that, making a tutorial -at least in my case- had many situations where tutorial code conflicted with previous code. I have to manually place objects, enable/disable controls etc, which makes me write messy events. Not healthy, not fun. The only fun was a couple places where I had to find a solution to a couple problems, like solving a puzzle... But the excitement of them was dimmed by the darkness and boredom of making a friggin tutorial! Why didn't I just make a pdf and inlcuded it as a manual! GRRR!

• But the excitement of them was dimmed by the darkness and boredom of making a friggin tutorial! Why didn't I just make a pdf and inlcuded it as a manual! GRRR!

Yeah this is not going to happen for me either, might make a manual otherwise it will be learn by doing and some in game help

• I hate that tilemap just doesn´t work well. With all these glitches etc. it would have been better not to put into the engine unfortunately. Well maybe somehow it will be fixed, even though according to Ash it doesn´t seem to be possible!

• Marketing.

• I definitely hate doing the graphics/music, I'm really bad with them xD. Programming is fine though.

• I really enjoy all aspects of game design, if I can do it myself. I have tried many times in the past to get a group of people to work on game projects with me and while there's no shortage of people who want to make a game, the vast majority of them aren't reliable. I have some really big projects I would like to complete but need a team of more than just myself to do it. That being said, The worst group of individuals to work with are the artists (I say that even though the biggest game projects I have completed with a team, I was the artist). I would say musicians but they at least just refuse to take part, not join the team and then never complete anything. The developers I can handle.

• Graphics

• African pygmies and hosting websites o.O....

• I love all steps of the game creation process minus using 3rd party software for APK's. Wish C2 had native support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)