What do you need?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Gearworkdragon wrote:What Id like to see is something like say learning all the different usages for the set of condition and action and show how it can be implemented.

And tips on how to use them correctly. At the current rate i think most of us are not using them correctly.

At the moment all we have is just definition of condition not examples. And most importantly explaining and show how to properly use pick event the right way.

These examples should be in capx form? or maybe a quick screenshot?
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:42 am

I was referring to like say in browser playable and screenshot and or video detailing why to do this way and not to do it that way.

I wouldn't use .capx because they can just copy paste the code without really learning. A cheater doesn't learn why they just learn how to steal. That is not our goal here.

I found that myself I like to feel and see the product because with just screenshot I do not feel the action or what the code is suppose to do. But with a browser playable I can see why that particular code can be useful and then see the screenshot so we can find the code and explore the options. "City of Rome wasn't built in one day" so to speak.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 am

I do know what you mean... having something you need to work/think through makes you understand it...

Although I think there is a time and place for beginners to see some pasted in code work it's magic... BUT it should be used in small enough amounts that they have to move on to larger things.
Eat ALL THE BACON!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Antares3000,

Your idea of writing new tutorials sounds great to me. Also making courses for C2 will even be more interesting.

However, also Kiatric has many good points, which you should consider.

Why dividing forces when you can act as one? Together with a colleague at work, we are designing our first adventure game with C2. When we are looking for information, or have problems, or need a tutorial, we look here at the Scirra website. It is just not practical when in a hurry, looking at several websites.

Publish your tutorials here and link in each one to your website, where you provide (paid) courses. I think that is a very good compromise.

Anyway +1 fan for your courses. I like your idea very much, maybe you can convince Scirra to give you a platform here? Did you thought on that?

Construct 2 is an excellent tool for creating games, which should receive more attention than it receives now. But I am sure that C2 is gaining more and more momentum.

I look forward to the release of your project very much. Thank you for your efforts to share information with us.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General