What Features Do You Want To See In The Future C2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm

1) Create Object By Name for the System Action like in CC , (I know Rex has a similar plugin)
2) Be able to compare a solid,,,,on collision with , is overlapping
3) Image editor updates
What I know would fill a Book , what I don't know would fill a Library
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 8:32 pm

1. I miss that a lot, and don't know why it haven't been added yet. There was some explanations made by @Ashley very long time ago, but I think they do not apply any more ;) And this feature itself could make life easier (and use less events) in dozens of projects made by people here.
2. Be able to compare a solid,,,,on collision with , is overlapping - What do you mean? Solid is just a behavior you are adding to objects that will have collisions.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 8:49 pm

In CC it was an attribute that could be given to numerous objects and then checked without checking each object or having them in a family . Perhaps just being able to assign an attribute would do as well .
What I know would fill a Book , what I don't know would fill a Library
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 10:41 pm

shinkan wrote:1. you can use magicam plugin for a camera - which should be made official and comes with C2 by default. Not sure what you mean by 3d object placement. Isn't Z ordering what you ask for?

I know of the magicam plugin, it adds great usability to the current way of working ;) . But a real 3d workspace is an other thing. No more weird parallax scaling from the stage's origin for example. Just move the camera forward (or backward) on Z axis and everything scales in relation to the camera's "target". In essence, you move the camera object instead of moving (scrolling) the whole world, which is actuary "pinned" on a virtual 0,0 point and moves/scales in relation to the layer's parallax/scaling values.

shinkan wrote:4. I'm surprised C2 still lacks of path editor after all releases. I know it's quite easy to do by events, but proper plugin for that would be great.

Yes, it can be done with events, but you have to be at R0J0's level to do curved movement, tangents, ease-in/outs etc. :lol:
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:14 pm

None. All I want to see is the improvement and elaboration of existing features. There are so many things that barely pass as finished.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 pm

These are the only the only serious blocking features that need to be addresses on the C2 IDE side. Many requests can be done by anyone who is willing to actually do the heavly lifting to get work done. As an example if TileMap isn't good enough. Someone can do it themselves. However we can't make a plugin for say Modularity or an IDE based asset repository. There are some IDE elements that would be nice or could use clean up, but that's pretty minimal and will come with time. So below are my personal tops.

Modularity
Asset/Repository
APK Packer
Development device pushing for testing
Custom IDE development for tools(ie bezier curves for animation tweening)
Function used a primitive similar to Number, String rather than as a plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:45 pm

jayderyu wrote:These are the only the only serious blocking features that need to be addresses on the C2 IDE side. Many requests can be done by anyone who is willing to actually do the heavly lifting to get work done. As an example if TileMap isn't good enough. Someone can do it themselves. However we can't make a plugin for say Modularity or an IDE based asset repository. There are some IDE elements that would be nice or could use clean up, but that's pretty minimal and will come with time. So below are my personal tops.

Modularity
Asset/Repository
APK Packer
Development device pushing for testing
Custom IDE development for tools(ie bezier curves for animation tweening)
Function used a primitive similar to Number, String rather than as a plugin.

Agree with everything you said. Also I'd add that dictionary and array should be primitives as well.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 am

The whole image editor/animation import workflow needs a massive makeover! I don't think it has been touched since I started using C2 (about a year and a half).

Having all on those floating windows, when you go into image edit mode is horrible and it needs to be unified into one window, ideally dockable. You should be able to update an animation from an external source much more easily than the current way. At the moment you can't even multi select frames to delete them...instead I usually create a new animation to replace, import into this, then delete the old one...drives me nuts every time!

For instance in After Effects, I can replace referenced frames at any time or replace the files that are referenced at the source, then refresh. If C2 really wants to step up to be more like a pro DCC app, then it needs to be able to externally reference assets, rather than "baking" it into the project structure...which , granted, does have its benefits (all being in one location and zipped into a capx). Choice is always a good thing!

Animations should be able to be scrubbed through in the image editor and have a decent transport bar. As primitive as MMF is, it is miles ahead in this respect.

Before anyone whinges that you don't need enhancements to the image editor, since they do it all in PS/Spriter etc, well so do I, but having more robust tools in here definitely would help with quick edits and prototyping. At the very least add a view grid option for pixel art, some more robust shape tools (circle, ellipse , square outline), transform manipulator for selection (scale, rotate) and some basic fx like blur/glow. Both GMS and MMF have better tools in this respect.

And please fix that colour picker in the image editor, it is still glitchy on every machine I have tried, even though I filed a bug report on this a while ago. The colour picker used for picking background colours is far superior...not sure why it is not reused?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 am

1) Dynamic lighting system
2) Image editor upgrade
3) 3d objects support
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 9:31 am

besides modularity
would like to see improvements on functions

shortcut to functions (much less scrolling, less distraction)
variable functionnames (to better rescoping, improve clarity of function)
variables that directly initiate parameters ( as setting a variable for each parameter gets tiring and not clean)
maybe functionality to collapse things without subeventing/grouping
for me a function is always subevented, because i want to collapse and minimize the code

also better search (no disabling events, just colorindicated and goto next searchterm)
ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General