What Features Do You Want To See In The Future C2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 1:38 pm

My primary concerns are performance and rock-solid export options for iOS/Android with memory management. However, I'd love something that would help us set up dialogue boxes and similar things - you could use it for UI, or for displaying conversations.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

1. Timeline animation for layout, layer & objects
2. Steam plugin
3. Export to PS4 and XBOX
4. Google Play - Multiplayer Services Plugin
5. Atmosphere fx engine for Rain, Clouds, fog and more
6. Construct 2.5 / 3D With The Same UI, and event system

I Love Construct... :D
Last edited by Slice on Wed May 14, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm sorry there a mistake in my old post, What i mean by master volume all sound is add to all sound's x db not make all sounds x db.
If i have 5 sounds : sound 1 playing on "-5 db", and sound 2 "10 db".....etc , The new feature will add or subtract X db from all sounds.

This Will be very helpful for making Sound control in the game main menu.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 9:31 pm

And also fade sound in and out feature, will be very awesome to add to the new releases.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 15, 2014 10:43 pm

@A0Nasser , I remember that @tulamide had made a topic with some audio specific suggestions not so long ago. I think that all points mentioned there are still missing and some of them include in a way most of the things you mention about the audio plugin https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=88745.
I am saying this just to prove that the audio part in C2 does indeed require attention, in its current state it has some over the top futures (Doppler effect) and it lacks some basic stuff, like panning, a quick and easy way to do mixes, fades, synching e.t.c.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 7:15 am

screenshot the whole layout is the only thing I need at the moment but a more simple multiplayer feature would be very welcome because all those events are just nuts...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm

@Miu3

I agree with you about the multiplayer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 17, 2014 12:21 am

from what I did check on the examples and tutorials, there are too many events that the engine wants the user to make to get simple and repeatable functions to work. I wish C2 would do way more of that chore for the user instead. For example, every single chat room requires functions that let players join, write messages and leave. I think all this could had the multiplayer do itself for the user instead of having to go trough all the events. I think these are features that nobody would change anyway. Also, many commands written in the actions are not even included in the expression code list as far I noticed. I know this is probably so far the easiest way to make multiplayer compared to classic coding but I think the engine could lift a bit more of the chores that the user is expected to do so far. So yeah, unless I just copy all events from examples that I don't understand and can prey that it will work, I personally as none coder can consider multiplayer features as unusable or the examples are shown too difficult for my simple thinking. Maybe multiplayer isn't just for me no matter how hard ill try...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 17, 2014 3:57 am

I disagree 100%. What your requesting is removing flexibility of design into a forced narrower use. By your design i would not be able to design my game.

Ashley had done fantastic wonders to minimize WebRTC to the simplest yet flexible form.

I made the statement back when we first started hearing about the official plugin.
"Even with an official plugin. Implementing multiplayer is going to be a large hurdle and blow peoples brains out". Ashley blog post even mentioned that it's been simplified, but needs to maintain flexibility.

Keep at it. I would suggest studying multiplayer communication theory rather than working from Events sheets.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 17, 2014 11:22 am

A dynamic lighting and shadows engine would make my year, seriously :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General