What Features Do You Want To See In The Future C2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 pm

@lolpaca: They posted a preview of that on facebook actually! It's in the works, it seems!

As for suggestions,
- Apply Origin/Collision/Crop in Animation Folder
Sometimes I need to apply changes to an animations size, collision box, origin, image points, or whatever, but only to animations in a certain folder. It can get tedious to go through all of them sometimes, so this sort of thing would help.

-Vertex Painting/Texture Blending
In 3D, you can create non-tiled objects by having a base tiled texture, and then applying a second tiled texture on top and painting in the opacity. I imagine this would work very similarly to using layered imagemaps, but without being locked to a grid. Like if you combined tiled backgrounds, imagemaps, and the sprite editor.
I'm sure that's a lot easier said than done, but it would help a lot with creating unique levels that aren't tile-based.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 18, 2014 12:40 am

WOOOOOW! Indeed, this image is on Scirra's facebook page!!!

I can't wait to see this in practice!!!!!!!!

Thank you Scirra :lol:
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Haven´t used C2 for quite some time now but when it gets native exporters for android/iOS and some proper built in monetization (chartboost, Upsight and so on) I´ll gladly start using it again.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Would it be possible to have multiple colors and/or icons for Groups?

For example, either a color drop down in the Edit Event Group popup, or being able to right click on the Group and have a color option in the standard popup.

I typically use a mind map or google doc / spreadsheet as my blueprint or design doc, and it eventually gets messy and tedious to jump back and forth between C2 and those files to make sure they're in sync.

I think having multiple color/icon options for groups would eliminate the need for 90%+ of the content in those other docs for smaller projects in addtion to possibly being able to do my brainstorming directly in C2 instead by using a combination of the group description and colors/icons according to priority and completion. This should allow me to get the visual representation I need for organization without having to jump in and out of C2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Mentioned before but I would support this as well - the ability to turn off WebGL in the editor would be most helpful.
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Colludium wrote:Maybe this is more of a reflection of the 'brainstorm & chaotic' style of development that my brain prefers..

I would like to see some sort of global layer control. For example, if I want to create an interstitial layer between 2 others (add a new UI feature or some-such, for example) then it's a massive pain to create a new layer on each layout because the new layer has to be renamed, repositioned in the hierarchy etc. C2 does copy-paste of objects really well, but this type of game modification is a real slog.

+1 for the globaly layer and/or similar, project management related stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:50 pm

More built-in token functions for delimited lists. ie. tokenfind, tokendelete, tokenappend -- yes, you can use dictionaries and arrays for this, but direct functions would be quicker and easier to deploy for short string lists.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Only Only Android Native Export !!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm

As @Soulmachine said: something to help with AI creation, and native android export.
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Hexagonal and Isometric Tilemap support. Please?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General