What game dev gadgets did you get this Christmas?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:52 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 pm

I got lots of these so I can stay full until 2 AM 8-)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 pm

@Valerien That'll be sugar rush code then ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Jesuuuus :-D i got the whole collection of sherlock holmes stories.... Crime games here i come
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:18 pm

A new smartphone, which unfortunettelly seems to have the mic broken, thus being more "smart" than "phone", and a Wii U, even though I do not plan on getting into WiiU développement with C2 at the moment. a TV and a desk+chair (you cannot believe how hard it is to do anything productive without a proper desk).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:04 pm

@Beaverlicious Yeah that's some good sh*t. I thoroughly recommend watching the BBC Sherlock series -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/5BnCVjDxp6fVMzLmnLLQxSQ/sherlock-holmes

@Aphrodite I have a dedicated office however I still find myself working in all sorts of peculiar positions and locations. I also have a Wii U, but unless I make a ton of money on a game I wont develop for it as you need a dev kit which is about $2.5k Now you have a smartphone will you start to care about C2 mobile dev? ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:52 pm

"Now you have a smartphone will you start to care about C2 mobile dev? ;)" @TheWyrm

I was always interested in mobile through the browser itself actually, and this phone (when fixed) would be a tolerable device (samsung galaxy s4, much better than my previous device which could not handle anything at the V-sync, even the home screen could lag *sigh*), as I only target the "export once runs everywhere" phylosophy, however I think one of my new years resolution will be to get more tolerant towards all that happens in the wrapper world, I am taking that far too much personnally.

I might try, however, some of the functionnalities they bring (not ads, but some of the cordova based plugins are actually pretty handy, if I can manage to pull a nice exemple or two of enhanced functionnalities for wrapper based export, while still working inside the browser itself, that could help people out far more than complaining like I do), we shall see how that goes, but I am going off topic here.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Clothes so I don't make games naked anymore.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:34 pm

@Aphrodite Well if you need some pointers on the wrappers give me a shout.

@alvarop I have sacrificed many things to be an indie developer. Clothes has not been one of them. Although funnily enough I also told people to get me clothes as I was starting to run low on my new found indie income. I couldn't work naked though.. too many hazards when laptops are in the mix. It's too burny! >:)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Got a smartphone. Also got Spriter, which I still haven't had time to use yet. :roll:

Oh, and some of this too:

Valerien wrote:

alvarop wrote:Clothes so I don't make games naked anymore.

This image...this is not my kind of image. :shock:
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic