What game-tutorial do you need?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:00 am

Whatsup man and thank the game gods for your helpfulness,I am having the hardest time trying to create some water for my 2d sandbox game,
I have seen many videos on this and read alot of facts regarding it but i dont understand how to make it.
I would love to have your input on this subject.I was aiming for making water physics like the game Terraria or Minecraft but i am lost when it comes to how i can implement this into my project.Can you help me out?
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 pm

[QUOTE=danuyos]
about interacting with instances, a quick fix is to create a variable (different value in each object) and start the conditions checking for that one... similar to object's ID but I never trusted IDs[/QUOTE]
I can't remember the exact scenario, but it involved wanting to pass data from one instance to a second instance, so I needed a reliable way to reference each of them in the same action. Doing it as Sprite.value and Family.value did the trick after I picked one with a sprite condition and the other as a family condition.

As for the arrays, I have them in a container with a sprite so it just makes more sense to me have a way to transfer this information when switching layouts, although I suppose I could make everything in the container global and do it that way.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:26 pm

AI
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General