What games inspire you?

Discuss new games or share memories of old

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:17 am

ConstructG wrote:As a gamer and developer, i think the following are worth to mention: The Neverhood, Blocks That Matter, Tetrobot and Co, Fez, Knytt Underground and Limbo.

Yay for the Neverhood :D I backed Armikrog before I even finished reading the Kickstarter page!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Games made by big companies Like Rovio, EA games, Supercell, etc...
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 am

Old games such as Atari Breakout, Namco Pac-Man and Nintendo Tetris. I'm also inspired with old PC games such as PopCap Bejeweled, GameHouse Collapse, and Raptisoft Chuzzle.

And also, Rovio Angry Birds, EA Boom Blox, Munkado Bouncy Mouse and Halfbrick Fruit Ninja.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:22 am

this is my first post and i am just starting development on an idea but i'm not ready to let it into the interwebs of the universe yet. But can anyone remember a game where you are a stic man running around collecting lollipops? its poorly done but highly addicting you also have trampolines to get on a sky scraper and in the first level if you go left there's a bus that i for the life of my could not get on top of it even if jumping from the sky scraper. this is the game that inspired me to be a gamer and developer.
B

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 pm

In order of impact on my desire to develop games:

- Morrowind
- Freelancer
- Elite
- Diablo I

See if you can guess which element/s of these games I've been influenced by, :).
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:27 am

There are so many games that inspire me - some for their graphics, some for their sound, some for their easy casual pick-up-and-play style etc...

Of late, some of the coolest graphics I've seen design-wise, are:

Back to Bed
- Cool 3D graphics in a surreal Dali-inspired setting.

Little Big Planet 1+2
- Not really new games, but it's so inspiring just opening them and playing through a few levels. There's also some extremely nice game mechanics, and everything is balanced so perfectly neat; from the controls/steering to the level difficulties.

Limbo
- So cool; extremely creative 2D-platformer style. Really shows a great alternative the more classic approach with pixel-graphics, and that many colors are not always needed.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Original Prince of Persia, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls, to name a few
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:41 pm

I love 2D platformers more than pretty much anything. Mega Man, Castlevania, Metroid, more recent titles like Guacamelee, Moon Diver...heck, I'm even a huge Terraria fan. Those are the kinds of games I want to make...but with my own characters.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:11 pm

lots of gamejolt/kongregate stuff i looked into the last few days. Lots of great concepts out there!
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussions