What happened!!?? C2 wont run my projects!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Installed todays release now C2 wont run my projects, everything worked fine yesterday.

• Installed todays release now C2 wont run my projects, everything worked fine yesterday.

latest release seems to be bugged to its ears, just wait for the next one, nothing we can do now.

• Want fixes? Give them an example of whats happening.

"It wont run" doesn't explain didly squat.

• if someone would actually test if basic things like exporting work before posting a new release nobody would need to give any examples. latest version doesn't export correctly. sprites don't show up, keyboard blugin doesnt work. I did pay for the program, so I'm expecting it to work, I'm not a beta tester, if I was, I would get paid for it, not the other way around, right?

• Whats happenings is that when I try to run the project it freezes on first frame. Tried run another tutorial capx, all i get is a webpage with the HTML5 logo with a loadingbar. Both platform proj�s

• The same thing happens for me with the freezing, just download the previous version and wait for a report

• if someone would actually test if basic things like exporting work before posting a new release nobody would need to give any examples. latest version doesn't export correctly. sprites don't show up, keyboard blugin doesnt work. I did pay for the program, so I'm expecting it to work, I'm not a beta tester, if I was, I would get paid for it, not the other way around, right?

You can either:

A. Ask for your money back.

B. Give them something to work with.

....just saying.

• then don't just say. I already gave them something to work with. quite a bunch of it actually, and I'm super happy with C2, but releasing a totally not working update is a joke which should be corrected in a matter of minutes. just saying ;)

• List your system specs. Operating system, graphics card, which browser, the whole shebang.

One thing you need to remember is that Ashley is just one guy, and there's a looooooottt of different computers out there. The update obviously works for many people, if not most; there's no way he can ensure it works for absolutely EVERYBODY. But if you tell him what system you're running, it'll be that much easier to diagnose.

• i bet the update doesn't work for anyone. try to export your game (any, that uses sprites, plaform, keyboard) as html5 web site and run it. works? no. :) nothing system specific there.

• Ok here�s my setup:

My pc:

CPU: Intel core i7 960

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX560 Ti CU2

RAM: 12Gb 1600Mhz

HDD: Samsung Green 500Gb 7200rpm 8mb cache

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58

Windows 7 64bit

All drivers and browsers are up to date.

But as I said previously everything was fine yesterday. And today I installed the new release, opened my project and started working on it and berfore testing it I saved it so now it wont help going back to r78 since it wont run it anymore(tried that already).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also have this issue. My projects wont run, and is stuck on the grey empty canvas. In the build that dont work i use sprites and platform behaviour.

Everything was fine until i installed the new update. Proejcts wont preview at all, and i tried several browsers.

Every driver is up to date, along with the browsers.

• Yeah, there is something wrong with that r79. I can preview and export but can't press any button on keyboard after exporting - on preview keyboard works.

• <newt>Ask for your money back!</newt>

<SullyTheStrange>List your system specs!</SullyTheStrange>

just trolling around don't get mad ;) I'm a little bored, cos C2 doesn't work, got nothing else to do :D

ranma: having an early adopter badge, you should know that you have bought an "alpha" product at a discount price to support the two-man team Scirra.

If not, than you haven't carefully reviewed all the informations available first.

Construct 2 is not yet labelled as a "stable"/"full" version but is still going labelled as "releases" (not even beta if you look closely at it).

just trolling around don't get mad ;) I'm a little bored, cos C2 doesn't work, got nothing else to do :D

Be careful though, those are not the first posts with an unpleasant/impatient tone to it and it doesn't fit very well with the rest of this commited and comprehensive community.

Again, Scirra is a two-man team, and the rest of the community (moderators included) are just "free-willing" participants.

I'd strongly suggest you to take out your frustration outside of the forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)