What happened!!?? C2 wont run my projects!

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Ok heres my setup:

My pc:
CPU: Intel core i7 960
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX560 Ti CU2
RAM: 12Gb @ 1600Mhz
HDD: Samsung Green 500Gb 7200rpm 8mb cache
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58
Windows 7 64bit

All drivers and browsers are up to date.

But as I said previously everything was fine yesterday. And today I installed the new release, opened my project and started working on it and berfore testing it I saved it so now it wont help going back to r78 since it wont run it anymore(tried that already).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 pm

I also have this issue. My projects wont run, and is stuck on the grey empty canvas. In the build that dont work i use sprites and platform behaviour.

Everything was fine until i installed the new update. Proejcts wont preview at all, and i tried several browsers.

Every driver is up to date, along with the browsers.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Yeah, there is something wrong with that r79. I can preview and export but can't press any button on keyboard after exporting - on preview keyboard works.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

<newt>Ask for your money back!</newt>
<SullyTheStrange>List your system specs!</SullyTheStrange>

just trolling around don't get mad ;) I'm a little bored, cos C2 doesn't work, got nothing else to do :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=ranma] if someone would actually test if basic things like exporting work before posting a new release nobody would need to give any examples. latest version doesn't export correctly. sprites don't show up, keyboard blugin doesnt work. I did pay for the program, so I'm expecting it to work, I'm not a beta tester, if I was, I would get paid for it, not the other way around, right?[/QUOTE]

@ranma: having an early adopter badge, you should know that you have bought an "alpha" product at a discount price to support the two-man team Scirra.

If not, than you haven't carefully reviewed all the informations available first.

Construct 2 is not yet labelled as a "stable"/"full" version but is still going labelled as "releases" (not even beta if you look closely at it).

[quote=ranma]just trolling around don't get mad ;) I'm a little bored, cos C2 doesn't work, got nothing else to do :D [/quote]

Be careful though, those are not the first posts with an unpleasant/impatient tone to it and it doesn't fit very well with the rest of this commited and comprehensive community.
Again, Scirra is a two-man team, and the rest of the community (moderators included) are just "free-willing" participants.

I'd strongly suggest you to take out your frustration outside of the forum.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

if any of my posts were unpleasant they were not meant to be, this is my kind of sense of humour, sorry if anyone was actually annoyed by this. as for the impatient tone, well, it's hard to be patient when you try do something and over last week or two you bump on more bugs than you would ever thought. I get the idea of alpha and beta, but if something works, why break it, this isn't in any way beta or alpha related thing. also I believe I'm kind of commited (since early stages of construct classic I really seen a lot) user and I (of course as you and others) deserve some kind of fast reaction to not working build, especially if I seen updating broken builds in ten minutes not once. sorry again and again if someone was offended in any way. half of it was a joke, other half was a desperate call to action as new build is clearly broken and all I got is this lousy t-shirt ;) cheers!

and back to the topic @Ashley , can we please get a fix of this?ranma2012-02-13 22:12:05
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:12 pm

@Kyatric always with the best words on the most suitable situation =]TELLES08082012-02-13 22:13:14
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Sorry for the trouble everyone. However, please read How to report bugs and always follow the guidelines - the original post ("C2 wont run my projects") is not a useful bug report, the first thing I did was export the Physics demo and it worked fine. I believe the real issue is this one where if you don't have a jump-thru object in the layout the Platform movement hangs, which is to do with the fix to the jump-thru behavior in the changelog for r79. If you can't wait, you can download a fixed runtime.js for the platform movement here, or just go back to using an old release (that's why they're there!). Unfortunately being a small team we can't afford a whole test lab to extensively verify every build before it goes out, so sometimes these things sometimes slip through the net and get released. If you are concerned about breaks in future you can simply wait a few days after a new release to make sure it's OK for production use. We've also been meaning to formally split releases in to stable and testing branches, but having a million things on our todo list and new features regularly being asked for, it's one of many things that's not quite done yet I'm afraid! But I think this case means it should be a new priority to get that branching sorted out.

I'm also going to have a look at the other new bug reports, hopefully it will just be straightforward to get fixed and release an update soon. Sorry again for the trouble and I hope r78 can tide you over in the mean time!Ashley2012-02-13 22:15:57
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

(Just be patient, Ashley is reviewing all the feedback posted since the release and according to his usual response time we should have a fully corrected and working version very soon.)
HAHAHA gladly ninja'd ^^

I was kind of offended by your posts, but I guess it is more like not knowing the limit between the "joke" and the "desperation".
It is always hard in written posts with people you're not close with to know this limit.

And so to conclude, a friendly tip when a new release comes out, just scan the comments and posts before downloading it to make sure no feature you require might have been broken.
If you don't want to "beta test", wait a couple of days before downloading the new releases.

On this one, bad luck, you seemed to have been amongst the firsts to spot and report issues.Kyatric2012-02-13 22:17:27
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

no. the best word would be:

Error: this.xa.hq is not extensible
Source: http://sugames.eu/rotadefense/html/c2runtime.js
Line: 31

exported html:
http://sugames.eu/rotadefense/html/

hope that actually helps someone to fix the bug, I believe this is responsible for all this.

@Kyatric that's why I tend to use all the happy emoticons. forgive me please, didn't wan't to offend you, but will have that in mind. next time I will smash some plates on the floor first and after that will post here :)ranma2012-02-13 22:22:45
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs