What happens if i got greenlit?

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 am

@Anonnymitet thank you for that I was a bit conflicted wether promotion was needed or not as there are lots of different things I have seen and read telling me to do it different ways.

Also I was wondering if this was your first game you tried to get greenlight or even if it was the first game you have ever published (to websites like kongragrate etc)

Thanks
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:11 am

@KnivetonStudios I feel that if you have a good trailer and a nice presentation then that does a lot on greenlight and the votes will totally pour in the first days without you doing anything. But will then drop to almost 0 when you leave the front page and then it is up to you to get the traffic to your game.

This is my first game I've ever made and published so I had no previous knowledge of greenlight before this.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:15 am

Anonnymitet wrote:@fathybasha Yes the company name doesn't have to be a real company and you can write whatever you want there. So you can just write your name if you want. I choose to put my studio name there as I a knew that I would change to a company in the future.
Thanks for your responses.
Are you 100% sure that we can do that?
I don't want to get in trouble for doing something against their guidelines.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:22 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
Anonnymitet wrote:@fathybasha Yes the company name doesn't have to be a real company and you can write whatever you want there. So you can just write your name if you want. I choose to put my studio name there as I a knew that I would change to a company in the future.
Thanks for your responses.
Are you 100% sure that we can do that?
I don't want to get in trouble for doing something against their guidelines.

Yes I'm 100% sure. It is clearly stated in their guidelines that you can release your game without a company and under any alias you want. Submitting your game as an individual is a standard preset option that you can select when publishing your game :) So if you choose this then your company name will be your legal name inside Steam.

So if you publish a game it will put your "company name" on the store page and it can be your real name or an alias if you want but in Steams systems you are registered as an individual by name for all legal agreements.
Last edited by Anonnymitet on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:26 am

Thank you very much, you helped me out a lot.
That's all I need for now, best wishes for your future projects!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:Thank you very much, you helped me out a lot.
That's all I need for now, best wishes for your future projects!

No problem, glad I could be of assistance. Thank you :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:23 pm

@Anonnymitet Thank you do much for answering, you saved my life! If there anything i can do to help then let me know :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

@anonnymitet what did you do to get the traffic to your game once it was off the front page?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:24 pm

KnivetonStudios wrote:@anonnymitet what did you do to get the traffic to your game once it was off the front page?

I didn't do much. Shortly after leaving the first page the visitor count almost dropped to 0 after having very high traffic and great yes ratio so I just accepted it and kept working on the game and thought I would try to promote it later. But a few days later I got a message that the game was greenlit from nowhere.

So I think I just got lucky. But I know there are tons of articles on what you can do to get your game greenlit so I would suggest looking into those instead as I'm far from a promotional guru :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 pm

@anonnymitet thank you so much for that information that's pretty much put all the uncertainties I had to rest :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing