What is Game Jam? How to work in theme

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 am

luckyrawatlucky wrote:
Kyatric wrote:

what Should Target Platform
    Android Phone
    Desktop PC
    Windows Phone

For the current jam in C3 you should target PC. I published a game for phones on Newgrounds and got bad reviews because it was difficult to play.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 am

As for getting a team, communicate with people working with Construct, in the communication channels, on Newgrounds, etc...
Also it is not an obligation to team up, you can work alone.

And finally finding out if your ideas are good, make a quick prototype and have people testing out to see if it is fun or not.

A game jam is first and foremost making a game, only in less time than usual. But all the building steps are still the same.
If you made games in the past and hadn't them tested before release, then you were doing it wrong.

That's what feedback request is all about.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 10:52 am

Hi Lucky,

To put you on your way, I am creating a mozaics game in the 3 colors which Ashley use in his avator. Red, Blue and white. I create triangular, rectangular, square shapes in Affinity Designer of 32 and 64 pixels. There is a grid where a player can put in those pieces.

As a start I intent to use the C3 logo made in those pieces.

This is my very first participation in a game jam and like you I do not find it easy. On this moment I am in the planning and design stage. Saturday I arrive back home in Gaborone and then I have much more time to start actually programming it.

I only use C3 for this Mosaics game. When the game jam is over I will wait until we can buy a license and then continue adding new colors, shapes and features. Also like to polish the game graphics.

Success Lucky, just follow your imagination and creativity.

Chris
I will keep my promise to you.
B
S

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks to all people for their kind information
I have idea and I have started working on it
mostly 70% mechanism complete
working on graphics and sounds
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm

@KYATRIC My Game is 90% complete
now musical part remaining

So I have some Questions is in my Mind

1) I will submit this game in GameJam So can i put advertisements on this ?? I will make it for Desktop Version and Android Version, Desktop version for GameJam and Android Version for my Google Play Store. I will definitely put advertisements on Android Version But May I put Advts it on Desktop version too ??
2) Suppose I won then What GameJam will do with my Game
a) They will promote my game ?
b) They will do nothing

3) i want to test my game on this forum.
is this a good idea?
Last edited by luckyrawatlucky on Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm excited about the game jam, and I'm happy that scirra released all construct 3 for user participation in this competition, I'm in and I'm going to make my attempt
B
S
G

Previous

Return to General Discussion