what is not in construct 2 ? Suggestions for next updates...

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 pm

@Aphrodite Thank you, I will take a look at those plugins.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:09 pm

newt wrote:The bridge, but not as a solid.
You will need to use overlap, or overlap at offset in events.

Mhh... I'm still not following you (what do you mean by bridge?).

Perhaps a little example can make thing easier.

Black is solid, green is player, red is enemy.

Player should be able to stand on solid and be stopped by it (so he is forced to jump over it/climb it/go around it ). Enemy should be able to pass through solid as if it was just a background. If both (enemy and player) touch the solid at the same time, player should be stopped and enemy should be able to cross it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm quite new with serious construct usage so maybe it can already be done (although I didn't see an option to), but I think object based logic could really take C2 a notch. Just like unity, allow each object have its own logic (event sheet), so that the main game event sheet isn't too long and (sometimes) quite unreadable...

so instead of "If ball overlaps grass OR ball overlaps spring OR .....", write it the other way around by defining an event sheet logic to "grass" or "spring" when a ball overlaps them.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:43 pm

trueicecold wrote:I'm quite new with serious construct usage so maybe it can already be done (although I didn't see an option to), but I think object based logic could really take C2 a notch. Just like unity, allow each object have its own logic (event sheet), so that the main game event sheet isn't too long and (sometimes) quite unreadable...

so instead of "If ball overlaps grass OR ball overlaps spring OR .....", write it the other way around by defining an event sheet logic to "grass" or "spring" when a ball overlaps them.

You can just create an object specific event sheet and use the include function on your main event sheet.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Mr E Bear, I guess this WOULD achieve the same effect. Less organized, skimming through dozens of event sheets, but that'll do the job :) Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 pm

NEONN64 wrote:
newt wrote:The bridge, but not as a solid.
You will need to use overlap, or overlap at offset in events.

Mhh... I'm still not following you (what do you mean by bridge?).

Perhaps a little example can make thing easier.

Black is solid, green is player, red is enemy.

Player should be able to stand on solid and be stopped by it (so he is forced to jump over it/climb it/go around it ). Enemy should be able to pass through solid as if it was just a background. If both (enemy and player) touch the solid at the same time, player should be stopped and enemy should be able to cross it.

Well thats several new rules rules now isn't it?
You won't be able to use solid on both player, and enemy if they both use platform, but it's all doable with overlap at offset.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:41 pm

newt wrote:Well thats several new rules rules now isn't it?
You won't be able to use solid on both player, and enemy if they both use platform, but it's all doable with overlap at offset.

Yes, I should have mentioned it in the first place :oops:

Anyway, that is why I'm suggesting the "solid filter", there can be situations when it would be very helpful.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:12 am

When working with event sheets, I really feel like adding some kind of ability to colour-code groups or events would be quite useful. I know about bookmarking/breakpointing but I still think this would be a nice addition.
B

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi,
Id really like to see an option to add swipe behavior without the need to add an events and actions to the sheet,
like keboard or mouse.

B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General