What is rep?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 am

I'm just curious, but I want to know what rep is, what it does, and how to get it. I noticed the more I post or upload, the more rep I get.
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:30 am

Rep stands for reputation. The number is mostly based on different achievements that users get: http://www.scirra.com/badges
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Essentially.. it's there to make linkspamming and other automated bot-like marketing more difficult. Also, there are some really useful perks, like giving Reputation to those who have read (or at least visited) the manual pages.

First 1000 or so points are quite easy to get. It takes some time and effort, but nothing too serious.
Need help? Upload .capx file with your question.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:46 pm

[QUOTE=Joannak] Essentially.. it's there to make linkspamming and other automated bot-like marketing more difficult. Also, there are some really useful perks, like giving Reputation to those who have read (or at least visited) the manual pages.

First 1000 or so points are quite easy to get. It takes some time and effort, but nothing too serious. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, the first 1000 you going to get if you want to learn Construct 2 just by learning, and therby opens doors to the forum and other perks like pm etc
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks. I already knew rep stands for reputation. I just wanted to know it's uses.
B
S

Return to Open Topic