What is the best Way to create lots of level and how?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi,
I want to create a Jump and Run game and upload it on Steam (If that's possible ;) ). So i have to create lots of levels so the game doesn't get boring. Now i don't know if I just should create a layout for every single level or if there's a better way to do that. I thought of an level editor that i could make at first and then put the level files from the level editor in my game (again if that's possible :D ). If that's a good idea how could I do that? (I want to use local files)
Thanks for answers :D
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:44 am

Personally, I would create a separate layout for each level.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:50 am

You can create layout for each level without event sheet. . . for example set action > system | Go to Layout 1
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks for the replies!
How do I make it so that I need only one event sheet for everything?
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:51 am

In the layout-properties you can attach the event-sheet of your choice..
Another way would be to have a seperate event -sheet for level specific events and on each one include the event-sheet for project-wide events.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:01 am

@LittleStain
Thanks for the help!
So is it possible to upload exported projects on platforms like steam (NW.exe)?
And also i've seen a level editor where you click on different parts of the "map" and create the level. Is it possible to save that as an .json file and then import it into the project files so the game only needs to read them and then knows where to put the different level elements?
Again thanks really much for help! :)
B
S

Return to How do I....?