What is the best way to test mobile performance

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • I exported using Cocoon JS, but my game won't move past the initial starting frame. I have decent FPS when i run my game through the public dropbox using my browser.

-I exported as cocoon JS

-Put the .zip file in the dropbox public folder

-I downloaded the Cocoon JS app to my ipad

-I put the URL into the Cocoon JS app on my ipad

It boots up the the initial frame, but won't move past that.

Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you using any 3rd party plugins that cocoon might not support?

• Nope, no plugins

• honestly I've never had success with the URL launcher. I always plug my device in and use iTune to transfer the file over to Launcher. Less convienct, but it at least I know it works.

• Did you check the console for Errors ? Disable Debug plugin if you have , Start disabling a portion of a code and see which fails.

• honestly I've never had success with the URL launcher. I always plug my device in and use iTune to transfer the file over to Launcher. Less convienct, but it at least I know it works.

How do you do that? And does that give a true performance test? seems like it would at least

• Well I transferred it to my device, but now it just does the exact same thing. It get's stuck and says 34 FPS, then after about 10 seconds it goes to 1 fps. If I click on a joystick, it will react 10 seconds later

• Does your game use physics? My game does and it's currently unplayable on Cocoon - does pretty much the same thing.

• If I do have a physics behavior attached to an object, it's not currently being programmed for anything. And im pretty sure there isnt :/   the screen layout is pretty large but I feel like that shouldnt be a problem if it can handle the game fine through here:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104143348/Ninja%20Strike/index.html

• What does it say in the debug console? (Touch the framerate button to open the log)

• Errors

Not implemented canvas context type: experimental-webgl

Not implemented canvas context type: webgl

Warnings

Not found getElementbyId: c2canvasdiv

Other than that, there's two notes that say button plugin not supported on this platform - the object will not be created

• I have big problems with cocoonjs too but i send info to ludei tech support and im waiting for answer i have 1-2 fps in game but debug dont display any warnings or errors

• yea i guess i'll ask them too. delgado do you think you could post your answer here when they give you one?

• bscarl88 of course i do it

• yay teamwork!!     The responded to me already, here's what they said:

"WebGL is not available in the current version of CocoonJS launcher. We will release the new version of CocoonJS at the end of the next week, however if you send me your game I can test it in the current CocoonJS launcher that supports WebGL and I'll send you a few screenshots of your game running on the newest version of CocoonJS."

I thought you needed WEBgl to boost performance?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)