What kind of games are people making with Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 am

Hey everyone, I'm just curious to know what types of games to people aim for or limit them selves to on Construct 2. I know you can make a huge variety, but I just want to know what other people think.
------------------------------------
"Only you can prevent forest fires"... we're screwed.
B
16
S
2
G
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,386

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:09 am

I currently am working on a mini mmo/rpg.
And a very simple retro spaceship game.

I'm really into the RPG's and small minigame type of things.
Allows me to have a big ambitious project, yet still be able to complete and see progress on small projects.

What you CAN make is ANYTHING. If it is 2d it can be done.
B
28
S
8
G
1
Posts: 226
Reputation: 2,865

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:49 am

I'm making a tcg/ccg multiplayer game, growing up playing yugioh and pokemontcg makes this genre kind of a dream game to make for me.

I'm still working on the logic and data management because this part is the hardest thing I've ever worked on.

In the end it's up to people whether they're looking for making money out of game or making their dream game. I'm the latter.
B
28
S
8
G
4
Posts: 553
Reputation: 4,924

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:50 am

Currently making a reverse metroidvania à la You have to win the game / Love / VVVVVV
I got all the mechanics and systems down, working on level design and overall world design. Fun stuff!
B
35
S
9
G
3
Posts: 493
Reputation: 4,092

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:03 am

A bullet hell shooter with simple geometric/colorful graphics. Called "Nebular Drift":

Image

Image

Image

Some more ambitious stuff in very early stages, but I'd like to finish ND first.

And yes, you can make pretty much any 2d game with C2.
Last edited by TiAm on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
44
S
10
G
10
Posts: 1,106
Reputation: 9,202

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:30 am

Tylermon wrote:I currently am working on a mini mmo/rpg.
And a very simple retro spaceship game.

I'm really into the RPG's and small minigame type of things.
Allows me to have a big ambitious project, yet still be able to complete and see progress on small projects.

What you CAN make is ANYTHING. If it is 2d it can be done.


I agree, i like rpg's as well. one thing that makes a game for me is open world. Things get a little fishy when making a big open world with lots interactables. I'd like to attempt to make a wide variety of games using construct.
------------------------------------
"Only you can prevent forest fires"... we're screwed.
B
16
S
2
G
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,386

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:31 am

DuckfaceNinja wrote:I'm making a tcg/ccg multiplayer game, growing up playing yugioh and pokemontcg makes this genre kind of a dream game to make for me.

I'm still working on the logic and data management because this part is the hardest thing I've ever worked on.

In the end it's up to people whether they're looking for making money out of game or making their dream game. I'm the latter.


Ahh i am a huge fan of pokemon and yugioh as well. I hope all goes well with the logic, i can imagine it gets complicated having all the variables of leveling up and getting stronger.
------------------------------------
"Only you can prevent forest fires"... we're screwed.
B
16
S
2
G
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,386

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:32 am

alvarop wrote:Currently making a reverse metroidvania à la You have to win the game / Love / VVVVVV
I got all the mechanics and systems down, working on level design and overall world design. Fun stuff!


can you be a little more elaborate on that? im not sure what you mean. Metroid prime and transylvania mix?
------------------------------------
"Only you can prevent forest fires"... we're screwed.
B
16
S
2
G
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,386

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:33 am

TiAm wrote:A bullet hell shooter with simple geometic/colorful graphics. Called "Nebular Drift":

Image

Image

Image

Some more ambitious stuff in very early stages, but I'd like to finish ND first.

And yes, you can make pretty much any 2d game with C2.


that looks like its coming out very awesome, do you do your own artwork or do you have a team?
------------------------------------
"Only you can prevent forest fires"... we're screwed.
B
16
S
2
G
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 2,386

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:35 am

4Burn2Trees0 wrote:
alvarop wrote:Currently making a reverse metroidvania à la You have to win the game / Love / VVVVVV
I got all the mechanics and systems down, working on level design and overall world design. Fun stuff!


can you be a little more elaborate on that? im not sure what you mean. Metroid prime and transylvania mix?

Metroidvania is a genre. You can look that up on the Internet. I also gave 3 game examples, if you look them up you'll see what I mean :)
B
35
S
9
G
3
Posts: 493
Reputation: 4,092

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests