What kind of tutorials would people like? (Art tutorials)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Just out of curiosity, what kind of art related tutorials would folk here find the most useful?

Art, not animation. Learn to walk before you can run and all that.

• Game art as it relates to Construct (such as how to import and best optimization practices, etc.) or art in general?

• Some tutorials on making animations for Construct would be very useful, in my opinion.

• Well, start with spriting for now.

• Game art as it relates to Construct (such as how to import and best optimization practices, etc.) or art in general?

Construct related things really, optimization and so on. Art in general would be reserved for books I'd insist on selling

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how to make heightmaps that don't look like #$#

ps.:

Art, not animation. Learn to walk before you can run and all that.

quote]

Some tutorials on making animations for Construct would be very useful, in my opinion.

heheh

• I think it would be cool to know more about effects and ways to use them.

BTW, for optimization, it is good to note that large images can freeze Construct like when you remove them from animations. Then again, removing effects often freezes it too...

• "it is good to note that large images can freeze Construct like when you remove them from animations."

This is what newer users need a tutorial on. They need optimization tips on how to deal with the fact you cant just pile graphics on.

• > "it is good to note that large images can freeze Construct like when you remove them from animations."

>

This is what newer users need a tutorial on. They need optimization tips on how to deal with the fact you cant just pile graphics on.

And how to achieve the same results in better ways. Like instead of using a giant sprite, use tiles and tiled backgrounds.

• Yeah, people do need educating on the pow2 rule, and why taking screenshots of other games and trying to use them just isn't a good idea, lol.

• I second that effects idea, people that are used to photoshop and its kin might know them but I sure don't. Especially if people know of combinations with cool looks.

• I second that effects idea, people that are used to photoshop and its kin might know them but I sure don't. Especially if people know of combinations with cool looks.

I use Photoshop (not that I'm an expert) and I still can't figure out all of the effects. You can get an idea from the name but not a clear idea of what it will do/how it will look.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)