What next for Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:28 pm

You can already save your project to a folder and overwrite the image files there... you just need to have Construct 2 closed. Is that something you need to do with Construct 2 still open?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] You can already save your project to a folder and overwrite the image files there... you just need to have Construct 2 closed. Is that something you need to do with Construct 2 still open?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about quickly fixing a few pixels without having to close the program.

Not something we need, just makes the process quicker. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 pm

ill add more suggestion that ARE important

1- Jumping for plateform plugin ( without shift click)

2- Websocket plugin (for online playing) , not for now but in the future since it will be dificult but alot of developpers need that

3- and all others
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 pm

#1 is already doable. Just specify some other key (or whatever you want) instead of shift when making the jumping event.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:08 am

#2 There was already a websocket plugin done in previous releases. (make a search through the forum)

The fact is that anyway websockets are not enabled by default in browsers and not yet fully implemented from a browser to another.
It's better for now to leave it aside, when it will have became a fully fledged standard, than websockets should be dealt with.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:38 am

Alright, so I'm probably not going to finish the physics. Anyone else, feel free to do it, although you were already rightly allowed to.

I'll make smaller things.. actually there's quite a few 'big' ideas (3d objects, among others) that I can easily see myself being motivated to make over physics for some reason. Just something about physics that has me lacking the motivation to work on it. Maybe it's hatred for my physics class turning me off T_T.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 am

[QUOTE=Zack0Wack0] Alright, so I'm probably not going to finish the physics. Anyone else, feel free to do it, although you were already rightly allowed to.
[/quote]
I don't know if I could (my physics and maths skills are somewhat like early high-school level, and I don't have an immediate use for such a plugin. But in the middle term, I might consider it after being done with my currents milestones.)
Could you upload what you already have done so far as a base to work upon please ?

[QUOTE=Zack0Wack0]
I'll make smaller things.. actually there's quite a few 'big' ideas (3d objects, among others) that I can easily see myself being motivated to make over physics for some reason.[/QUOTE]
3D objects would require WebGL, right ?
How would you consider incorporating this into C2 and the canvas object ?
I found the J3D (javascript) library which demos are pretty impressive.

Anyway, looking forward for such a plugin.

Image Image
Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 am

I think Zack0Wack0 keeps his coding on github HERE. One of his projects is his own 2D HTML 5 game engine. A very busy guy :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 am

Thank you Zen.

Image Image
Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 pm

My votes (in no particular order)
- Families is a must
- More precise collision checking is imperative... any game that does not use square or rectangle-based walls is unplayable, as far as I can see.

As a note for 'eventually'
- I think that the program would appeal to a much wider audience if you were to offer IOS and android exporters - perhaps integrating PhoneGap somehow (I have heard that it is open sourced, I could be wrong).
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General