What next for Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm

[QUOTE=Yann] I think it's still a bit too early for multiplayer, and it might be a difficult feature to use.

To me modularity is the one part that falls behind in C2. I already talked about it, but making an RPG in C2 while having the possibility to make broad changes is still not easy.

For instance I'd like to use C2 layout to create all the location you have in an RPG, but being able to make broad modfications on all my layouts like Modifying layers disposition/properties/content mostly.
Things you can't really handle at runtime.

So yeah, I think modularity will go toward this idea.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the multiplayer. Most other sites barely support HTML games as it is. It would be great for Construct if they could do it but I would first rather see improvements to HTML game support and the construct 2 engine itself.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:09 pm

I voted for a better tile map support. I think all of these would be great improvements, though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:09 pm

I am happy as long as C2 is developing in any way :D

I have voted to multiplayer , but I am also with the Modularity too. :)

Thanks in advanced.
Bye bye take care.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:10 pm

I vote for Real-Time Multiplayer and General Minor Improvements. Real-Time Multiplayer would be an amazing feature to add in Construct 2. I voted for General Minor improvements as well because Construct 2 will never be perfect, just like all other programs will never be perfect. They will always need improvements. KamranMackey2013-04-20 19:23:54
B

That's a good thing to know. I'm convinced it will be really hard, and it will be impossible to have multiplayer working good on all platforms. But besides multiplayer in real time, I would like to see a Port of the editor to other platforms(Mac) and a Debug.

I didn't know you guys were only three working on all this. I'm surprised. You all are doing a great job! Really impressed!

Keep the good work
B
S
G

Minor improvements please. My wish is seeing C2 running Mobile Projects as fast as running them on computer browsers, but i understand that there's a limitation related with every mobile device, browsers, etcetera.
Big thanks to you guys. Getting such a great piece of software with such a small team working on it it's amazing.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Modularity would be a major timesaver that would apply to most projects. Multiplayer, while difficult, also requires server-side coding and infrastructure as well as only applies to minority of projects.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Modularity, already missed it in lots of my projects. :)

As a bonus it could tremendously help people that are starting out to get past features requiring more complex execution, and allow them to focus on design aspect of their games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:13 pm

[QUOTE=mammoth] I vote for modularity features because if C2 does this it will become almost as powerful as coding it. It will also make programming much much easier for more complicated programs.

My second vote would be find refrences, I get lost in my programs too much.

Both of these will improve the pipeline so much that we can all make games faster and get back to killing zerglings much quicker ;). [/QUOTE]

I agree with you. References would be also great. But it's too bad no one vote for references yet, I really wish I could do an simple control+f in my projects :(

I wanna vote two times almeidamarcell2013-04-20 19:16:22
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:13 pm

[QUOTE=herniewise] Minor improvements please. My wish is seeing C2 running Mobile Projects as fast as running them on computer browsers, but i understand that there's a limitation related with every mobile device, browsers, etcetera.
Big thanks to you guys. Getting such a great piece of software with such a small team working on it it's amazing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly..
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General