What next for Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I've already cast my vote for debugging (modularity was a close second), but I don't understand the "real-time multiplayer" (rtm) option. There are already WebSocket and Ajax plugins? What more could Ashley do to help? A WebRTC plugin that currently only works on Chrome, Firefox, (and Opera?) and that (at most) 5% of the community will possess the skill to use? I suspect the few people in this community who will ever write a rtm game will also write their own plugin, customized and optimized to their game's needs. However, Ashley indicated that this might be too complex for just plugins and behaviours and if it is then he is the only person who can implement rtm and that would dramatically change my vote.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:57 pm

I love to see this list, because it means Scirra knows exactly what areas I think they should be focusing on.

Debugger is a must - I hand rolled my own quazi debug window, but a native solution would take the framework to the next level, it should be a priority before pretty much anything else.

Modularity is key as well, any improvement in this area will be big for construct users and depending on how it's done could really help people working in small teams.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Everyone and their mother wants to create multiplayer games, but it's still a bit too early. Voted for tilemaps since it would be a massive increase to workflow, but modularity would be very helpful to other contributors in this forum.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Port the editor to other platforms:
Port to BB10 WebWorkers.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I vote for Something Else"

An official support for Sprite Font would be nice.
My next game would require quite a lot of text and
- using default installed fonts doesn't look nice
- can't find Web font that suit my needs
- I need to use my own old school looking custom font
- Right now Mipey awesome SpriteFont plugin is no longer supported and last time i heard it's not working well with Cocoon.

So yeah, an easy to use Sprite Font, would be nice to have.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Yeah aside from modular features i vote too for proper text support with sprite fonts. Web fonts are not suited for games imo.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:44 pm

I vote modular and slowly adopt into simple 3d.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 am

In my opinion, a debugger/profiler should come far before multiplayer or any complex feature like that. It helps already made projects and the ones to come, especially when mobiles are the targets.

Modularity sounds nice but since it's a more abstract feature i think more explicit features could be made faster or more easily.
Sounds like it could have it's own poll. Or could be added in mini updates.

The most needed feature, along a debugger/profiler to me, it's a more focused atention into microtransactions on the most popular platforms (iso/android/windows phone). Similar to the level reached with windows 8.

I think that close the circle better for us as developers.
Then, with a foundation that works good enough at development times and also at release times you could add more features like multiplayer and the like.

Well, that's my two cents (I never liked that expresion ;) )
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am

I think performance is terrible right now in Construct 2. I get 12 FPS on my game using HTML5 on my tablet and Chrome's browser. Does framerate really improve much using 3rd party export options?Helladen2013-04-21 00:42:43
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am

I Voted for porting to other operating systems. I recently started using a Chromebook for normal day to day use and having a Linux version of Construct would be fantastic.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General