What next for Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am

Why are people thinking multi player option isn't that necessary. Given the fact that there is over 30,000 single player flash games out there, and that is an understatement. Even if you did make a really good game in html5, chances are flash already have something similar, and a lot of people play it on the computer not the phone. Plus, if people want to play a good games they go to the big 3D games that you purchase, they just want to have fun and try something new. Having multi player options will build spread the game with it being kind of a social connect thing too , not just a game. Also the debugger can be built using text box or something, if you can't built a debugger yourself than Construct 2 is to advance for you or you have a hard time figuring out problems even with a debugger. The debugger won't tell you logical errors or stuff that you cannot realize yourself. I'm not discouraging building a debugger, but I don't think it will help Construct2 that much.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 am

I voted for modularity but I want to add that a debugger was very close behind. I'm horrible at debugging my games right now and a build-in debugger of some kind would help me tremendously. Moreover, I believe a debugger would be a valuable addition from an economic view: it's one of those things that us not-too-technical users really need help with.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 am

More Image Editor tools like Circle tool
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am

A note if I may - I believe that porting the IDE to other platforms should come before new IDE features (tilemaps, debugger etc.).

And this poll would have been infinitely better if we could offer our priority lists of features by giving each option a weight (e.g. I'd give modularity a 10, debugger 9, minor improvements 8 etc.).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am

[QUOTE=Gamezilla]Also the debugger can be built using text box or something, if you can't built a debugger yourself than Construct 2 is to advance for you or you have a hard time figuring out problems even with a debugger. The debugger won't tell you logical errors or stuff that you cannot realize yourself. I'm not discouraging building a debugger, but I don't think it will help Construct2 that much.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, for simple games, that will suffice.

Perhaps you should try making more complex games. Then you might see the need for an actual debugger.
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:58 am

Well, I voted for multiplayer, because me and Wolod searching for about a year a 2d engine with a nice eventing system and multiplayer support. Construct classic had scidaves plugin. But he hadn't much time anymore to fix an annoying bug so we had to start over again with seeking and our project freezes again :/. On top of the, C2 has already a Spriter plugin, ideal for our game. So only realtime multiplayer is the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Honestly i wish you'd stop adding Multiplayer to these polls, it always wins and the answer is always its to difficult and impractical right now, so why do it?

You know it's not the right time for it and those votes could have been used to promote a different choice, as those who want multiplayer might not want the second favourite on the list as an alternative answer.

You may as well have added the option of 3D or native .exe support.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm

I voted for a debugger. Yes, if I only want to trace variables I use textBox or Chrome console, but the real benefit of using a debugger is to step through events one by one and see the state of the SOL and variables at a specific moment in time.
I really don't like the way search function works in C2. I want to see all the events, not filter them, instead I want my keyword highlighted.

Also a good option will be to highlight all the instances of the object or variable on which i clicked.

I had almost give up on C2 only 1 month after purchase for the lack of a debugger, but now I see that Scirra team is working real hard to satisfy most of us.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 pm

[QUOTE=Cipriux] I voted for a debugger. Yes, if I only want to trace variables I use textBox or Chrome console, but the real benefit of using a debugger is to step through events one by one and see the state of the SOL and variables at a specific moment in time.
[/QUOTE]

THIS. Exactly this. Why this isn't already #1 on the priority list eludes me.
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Debugger gets My vote, pretty essential in all but the most basic projects...with Modularity features a close second...

Will all the lurkers stop voting multiplayer please?

Anyone who thinks they gonna make the next C.O.D in C2 is dreaming...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General