What next for Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I rather wonder why is multiplayer added when its clear that its a popular feature and yet scirra cant handle it...atleast it is so claimed and been already turned down last time when it had the highest votes
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 am

[QUOTE=jayderyu]Technical improvement only really help the upstream developers which is a smaller group of people. Where as community features help the whole.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure a lot of people find the event system daunting at first. By having a debugger, Scirra can make a short vid under the 'Events system' on the front page that shows the debugger go through the events one at a time, and this would be HUGE in helping people realize how easy it is to use it.Excal2013-04-22 02:01:01
Project Lead of Zems Online Card Game

Producer at Impulse Limited
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 am

[QUOTE=Cipriux] I voted for a debugger. Yes, if I only want to trace variables I use textBox or Chrome console, but the real benefit of using a debugger is to step through events one by one and see the state of the SOL and variables at a specific moment in time.
I really don't like the way search function works in C2. I want to see all the events, not filter them, instead I want my keyword highlighted.

Also a good option will be to highlight all the instances of the object or variable on which i clicked.

I had almost give up on C2 only 1 month after purchase for the lack of a debugger, but now I see that Scirra team is working real hard to satisfy most of us.

[/QUOTE]

I actually do it using textbox, where is the difficult? And I think the most part of the users from this community never did more complex games than me, using simple textbox.

Please, don't throw so far the textbox if you're unable to extract the best of this feature.

Per happen, will be nice to have this feature alive someday, to help the newer users.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 am

By the way is Modularity include passing a variable into a function like...

fucntion Awesome(A, B){
A + 10;
B *1000;
}
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:31 am

I would go with Modularity features.
The second would be debugger. I hate the fact I need to create many variables to find bugs.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:00 am

[QUOTE=Excal] [QUOTE=Gamezilla]Also the debugger can be built using text box or something, if you can't built a debugger yourself than Construct 2 is to advance for you or you have a hard time figuring out problems even with a debugger. The debugger won't tell you logical errors or stuff that you cannot realize yourself. I'm not discouraging building a debugger, but I don't think it will help Construct2 that much.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, for simple games, that will suffice.

Perhaps you should try making more complex games. Then you might see the need for an actual debugger.[/QUOTE]

Well, depends on how good the debugger is. If he was to built a really good debugger, than it would take a lot of time than that would also be equivalent to him building the multiplayer capabilities. Chances are the debugger won't be that advance in the beginning to help you a lot in debugging advance games. I think a simple debugger can be made fairly quickly , this is base on my opinion. But I won't dwell on this so much because I think modular seems to be winning the vote now.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:08 am

[QUOTE=Gamezilla]
Well, depends on how good the debugger is. If he was to built a really good debugger, than it would take a lot of time than that would also be equivalent to him building the multiplayer capabilities. Chances are the debugger won't be that advance in the beginning to help you a lot in debugging advance games. I think a simple debugger can be made fairly quickly , this is base on my opinion. But I won't dwell on this so much because I think modular seems to be winning the vote now.[/QUOTE]

Ashley described what he had in mind for the debugger in the first post in this thread. Please read that to understand what the debugger is intended to do.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 am

Can we have a show of hands, for the "find references" voter?
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:15 am

I would like to see a better image editor. Or at least some sort of back button. I don't know how many times I have accidentally made a dot or line and I cant undo it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 am

You can undo in the image editor. Control+Z

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General