What objects do you want to see documented?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • We realise that alot of objects probably seem slightly unclear or are rarely utilised, so if you have a particular object you want to see explained and documented, post here . I was also thinking of going through some objects and polishing them, so if you have requests for that also..

I was thinking of polishing/documenting the List object, which when used with the Image List is pretty powerful. Also an article on Hash Table, Particles and Layout.

• Light and shadow, and the particles, and plasma, and....

• Before any objects, I'd like to see documentation on those math operators that are not expressions in an object. A plain uncommented list of what exists is the most important part of this -- I don't really need definitions of "integer division", "logarithm" or "sqare root", but I do want a place (other than the source code) to look up which ones are supported and what the exact spelling and syntax is.

• [Reply to self -- found it.]

It's all there, in System Expressions and Expressions.

• it would be nice if the resource bar could get a page, even though it is not really complex yet; a complete interface documentation is always nice for newbies.

after that, you could pick two or three objects like the list, imagelist, listbox etc. whose use is not that apparent to newbies (like me) - it is rather hard to figure out what (and how) exactly they are doing by looking at their conditions & actions. maybe some of these objects are similar to one another, so that a doc page for one of them already helps figuring out the other ones (and you don't have to exhaust yourself in writing docs ;).

apart from those strange gui-mechanic-objects (that is actually a guess at what they do) like imagelist etc there is also the question on reading/writing files, since every object that can do that seems to do it differently ...

• seconding light and shadow. in particular, i dont quite understand shadowcaster so anything there would be great.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well bone movement needs documenting but maybe it's still changing too fast to be worth it.

• Well bone movement needs documenting but maybe it's still changing too fast to be worth it.

Maybe I'll see later if I can't whip up some documentation for the bone behavior.

• looks like it turned out as earlier rather than later

• Sorry for the double post.

I just read the bumpmapping article. It's good, but it doesn't give any information on how to create normal maps.

• It does.

• Yeah, there's that Crazy Bump program

As for including other means of creating normal maps, I think that would be beyond the scope of the wiki. That'd be like having information on how to draw game art on the wiki page for the Sprite object. A normal map is game content, not a Construct feature.

If you google for info on how to make normal maps though I'm sure you'll find plenty.

• It does.

oops. sorry, I didn't see that the first time.

I blame my lack of sleep.

• I'd like a list (and explanation) of all the embedded variables, like MouseX, MouseY, LayoutHeight, etc.

• Sounds like the system expressions article.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)