What's the size (in KB/MB) of your Android/iOS game?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello guys!

What's the size of your game? I have a very simple game with simple graphics and 100+ events and the size of apk is around 3MB (Intel XDK for Android) but when I export with Crosswalk, the size is 20MB. Why? How do you fix this?

• Crosswalk bundles the entire Chromium browser engine for Android 4.x compatibility, which adds about 17mb. If you target Android 5.0+ only, you can do without it, which reduces the size of the APK.

• Crosswalk bundles the entire Chromium browser engine for Android 4.x compatibility, which adds about 17mb. If you target Android 5.0+ only, you can do without it, which reduces the size of the APK.

But my game works slow without it and I don't know what to to about it.

• the magic of crosswalk

works on 5.0 android slow or 4.0+?

• the magic of crosswalk

works on 5.0 android slow or 4.0+?

And what's the solution?

• I just know I'm gonna get shot down for this. Perhaps try Cocoon's Canvas+? I think it only adds 6MB and Canvas+ is fast. Although exporting through this option can have its trial and errors.

• I just know I'm gonna get shot down for this. Perhaps try Cocoon's Canvas+? I think it only adds 6MB and Canvas+ is fast. Although exporting through this option can have its trial and errors.

Thanks man! I will try this!

• My app (Square Eater):

Android (Crosswalk): 21.72 MB (ARM) and 24.42 MB (x86);

iOS: 5.1 MB

• sivricmarijan what grigrizljac said somewhere in the 20something mb range sounds about right my freefallbird (for android only... i have no ios version yet) is about 25mb. It could easily just be 5-7 mb if it wasn't for the whole crosswalk story.

• Does anyone know, is it possible in Google Play to have 1 .apk file (Crosswalk) for android 4 and 1 (without Crosswalk) for Android 5 and newer?

• Does anyone know, is it possible in Google Play to have 1 .apk file (Crosswalk) for android 4 and 1 (without Crosswalk) for Android 5 and newer?

I'm pretty sure that's possible, but not recommended by Google. I will try to search more about it

• My app (Square Eater):

Android (Crosswalk): 21.72 MB (ARM) and 24.42 MB (x86);

iOS: 5.1 MB

I see that you have the same problem as I do...simple game, simple graphics and a lot of MB.

• sivricmarijan what grigrizljac said somewhere in the 20something mb range sounds about right my freefallbird (for android only... i have no ios version yet) is about 25mb. It could easily just be 5-7 mb if it wasn't for the whole crosswalk story.

Yes, but you have more complicated graphics. Angry Birds Star Wars has much more graphics than my game and it only requires 46MB. How? Is there some other way to export for Android? Is there a problem with Intel XDK or with Crosswalk in general?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Does anyone know, is it possible in Google Play to have 1 .apk file (Crosswalk) for android 4 and 1 (without Crosswalk) for Android 5 and newer?

>

I'm pretty sure that's possible, but not recommended by Google. I will try to search more about it

Please share this with us if you find more info about this!

• Hi,

I used cocoon.io and got ~6Mb file

STKR 123 in Google play

Performance seems to be quite good.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)