Share your Construct 2 effect files

Post » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 pm

A simple STROKE!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 am

Offset mask
In my game you can wrap around the edges, but the sprites don't wrap around visually. An offset mask would allow me to show one edge of the screen into another
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 am

Just a few effects I was thinking abut today:

An erode like a common erode filter in PS or GIMP.

A dilate for doing "turn to stone" effects, and to animate water from noise textures. (just ramp the filter up and down in real time)

Seamless Perlin noise. Would be great for smoke effects. And to multiply over tiles for dirt and shadow'a so that the seamless patterns are not as obvious. (one tiles at 64x64 and the overlay at 128x128 as an example)

Animated caustics for water scenes.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:40 am

@7Soul
doesn't sound too complicted, i'll see what i can do.

@jojoe
erode/dilate are convolution effects and should be doable, i look into that.

a full set of perlin/simplex noise shaders are on their way, though i still need more time ^^
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:05 pm

I could use - and many others have requested it - a transform shader, i.e. a four-point corner pin for skewing surfaces. I'd also love to see some sort of customizable mesh warp, think a grid 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5, of points, where each point acts like a corner pin. So people could customize their distortion patterns in more detail.

I also want these distortions to have an option to be able to distort whatever is behind them, even if the object behind it is moving. So you could have a distortion cast from one (partially visible or invisible) layer onto the layers underneath it?

I have several projects - 2d with a few pseudo-3d effects, that would benefit immensely from these shaders. I am looking at 3d engines if necessary but if these effects can be done in C2 instead it'd save me a ton of time and labor.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Very cool! Thanks for your effort.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Okay, I need to make this clear... I am not saying I'm making or have made the shaders I described. They're just ideas at this point.
I haven't learned how to make [shaders] though I may try to if nobody else steps in on these.

I am, however, suggesting that shaders like what I described would be useful to me if someone could assist me in getting them made.

Also, one other item that would be useful for my project, not essential but helpful anyway - I'd like to see an offset wrap, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. So you can wrap a single image in a loop, horizontally or vertically, without having to cycle between two copies of the same background object as the current wrap feature does.

B
S

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 pm

The current lens shader i think could be improved. There is no value for its parameter that will give NO distortion. This makes it hard to have a kind of perfect shockwave effect where it smoothly transitions the degree of magnification to 0 like a dissipating wave. If anyone has used the current lens shader to achieve this, please let me know what you did as I can't seem to perfect it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 pm

@jojoe
the erode/dilate filter is ready ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Wow! awesome, thank you very much!
B