What should you do if you can't make animations start timers

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:05 am

You should be able to make a small sample of the problem, without sharing your full file.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:22 am

I can't find another way to make the events i shared as i image. To me they look like they should work perfectly fine. But they don't and that means i need to change something and that,s what i need help whit. Like i said i have the problem that sprites animations tend to loop even if i set them to No and that is also something i want help whit.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:26 am

I made a quick .capx with those exact events and it works no problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/395 ... _proj.capx

Your problem is probably in some other event, and if we don't know what other events are there there's little we can do to help
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:17 am

Okay the seperate layout works now. So there must be a problem in one of my event sheets. The fact that sprites animations tend to loop even if Loop is set to No could be entire problem. So since i have no other choice here is the construct 2 file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hktu37cy3ikei ... .capx?dl=0

You don't have to comment on the fact that the file takes up alot of memory and the fact that i have alot of events in one event sheet or that i have alot of sprites. You shouldn't deeper into the project then necissary. Just make it so you can make a sprite that in a layout that is powered by Event Sheet 4 able to start timers based on their animations. Make a new sprite and make it possible whit it. Don't use a already existing sprite.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Okay so the problem is solved. I intended to share my capx but i changed my mind since i didn,t need to. The reason why i thought that animations couldn't start timers was mainly becuase of one sprite that it never worked on no matter what. So i assumed that it wouldn't work whit other sprites becuase of that but after some testing it turns out that it works for other sprites.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?