What the heck is this error? Seems sound-related...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • "Construct encountered an error in the display engine.

The error code was: 0x8876017c (Out of video memory!

Construct has asked for the following amounts of VRAM:

5.84mb textures

16.72mb targets

22.56mb total)"

I say "sound-related" because when doing something with a lot of sound, it usually happens, and especially after the sound suddenly cuts out.

• Well it looks straightforward at least.. what video card do you have?

• It's not sound related. It means your graphics card has run out of memory. I'm guessing you've got a low-end 32mb or 64mb model if it runs out with 22mb usage. If it can't cope, make sure you're not creating too many canvas objects, reduce the window size of the game, or just buy a decent graphics card

• I swear it's sound-related, because as I said, it always seems to happen right after one of the sound objects stops working. Not only that, but I could SWEAR it never happened when I had NO sound effects running during that. Also, it seems to lag a lot with a lot of sound effects going on. The frame rate seems to drop a lot more.

• If you dont have a dedicated video card and you use shared Vram then maybe the sounds pushed your usage over the amount af ram you have....

• If you hear hooves, assume it's horses, not zebras The error message gives a message about VRAM, so it's most likely that. Sound issues might be unrelated side effects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you hear hooves, assume it's horses, not zebras

nice metaphor ashley

anyway

if you want to know if it's sound effects

why not save your cap,

then remove all the sound objects

or sound events

and then test your cap?

• if you want to know if it's sound effects

why not save your cap,

or sound events

and then test your cap?

Thank you Lucid. After doing that, I never got the error. I wonder what's going on with the sound there.

• > If you hear hooves, assume it's horses, not zebras

>

nice metaphor ashley

anyway

if you want to know if it's sound effects

why not save your cap,

or sound events

and then test your cap?

• God-mother fucking-damnit, this site needs adjustment or something.

• Having trouble?

• Well, yes, the site was lagging down when I tried to post that, and then I got an error, to I tried going back, but it still wouldn't load, so then I just pressed "Enter" in the address bar, got the post-message page again, thought it had my old message, clicked "Submit" and then I saw that not only had I double-posted, but apparently, when I brought the page back up, it didn't load my post in its entirety. And as for what's going on with the application and sound, I have no idea. Is sound a resource-heavy thing on Construct or something?

• in windows, right click your sound file and go to properties. what's the file size?

• Maybe some sound related events also involved allocation of VRAM, or a strange bug caused it. The best way to solve the issue is if you can reproduce it in a new .cap, or set up your current .cap to immediately reproduce the problem, then post that.

• Whats your rig u running? Do you have low end graphic cards? etc?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)