What to put in credits, if there's only me?

0 favourites
  • Hi guys, after a few years learning and making quite a number of simple games (and tonnes of tweaking), I am finally ready to actually put my game out there. I am going to register a company name soon, to protect my game to whatever extent it can. But there is only me in this lonely company, so that's where my question comes in.

What should I put in the credits section?? I've checked quite a number of credits page in different games. But most of them have more than one person working on it so the credits section looks like any normal one. Haha I don't think putting so many roles with only my name under each will look good at all. But I need to have a credits section because I need to credit the artist who created the music I used for the game (the only element of the game that wasn't done by me).

To you guys think it is ok to just go like this?

Credits:

This game is created by (company name)

Copyrighted (company name) All rights reserved

Special thanks:

Music soundtrack

Musician name

Haha is something like this toooo simple, or do you think this is good enough?

• Keeping it simple is often best.

I did something similar to your example and for the same reason - to credit the artist who created the music.

I laid it out like:

CREDITS

Game Design

My Name

My Company Name

Music

Track Name

Artist

Website

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OddConfection, thank you for that info, I think I will do just that and keep it simple. Only thing is I am thinking of omitting my personal name from the credits and just use my company name. Is that ok? or is there any such rule that you must include your real names in the credit section?

• Most important is the company, the copyright, the trademarks if they apply etc.

And links to your website, and other games.

Generally nobody actually reads the credits or cares 2 cents about it.

A: Just your company is sufficient. Probably recommended unless you trying to market yourself. But if you are the company, then company name is best.

• DUTOIT, Thanks, I will do just that. Yup, just want to market the company name. Haha how very true about the credits, when I play I too can't be bothered with it. That's why I am trying to make it as simple as I can. Hehe also I added a small animation sequence in the credit section only so hopefully it just might make their stay in that section a little bit nicer.

• This topic was useful to me too.

Good to know, OddConfection ' s example is perfect.

• To you guys think it is ok to just go like this?

Credits:

This game is created by (company name)

Copyrighted (company name) All rights reserved

Special thanks:

Music soundtrack

Musician name

that should do it

i wold add a nice logo in background of credits ) kidding. ...

• , haha yup, I think almost everyone skip the credits as there is nothing to see except rolling text. But being a gamer of the 90s, I still loved those credits like from mario and such, where you continued to watch just because they included a few funny animations at the bottom of the screen. Perhaps that is why I specially made a funny animation sequence that is specially for my credits section. Haha not sure how many players will actually see it since it is in the credits section though

• Have you ever got help on the forums in a substantial way? Anyone ever go out of their way to help you? Perhaps a special thanks section. Did you not use any of the numerous free plugins provided by guys like rexrainbow, R0J0hound, linkman2004, etc? Perhaps an 'additional programming by:' section for those ones?

If you truly made your game all by yourself for however long it took and had no outside influence or help in any way then you should be proud to put your name down as the sole line of a credits page.... chances are there are more people that helped you get there than you first thought, though.

Congrats on finishing the game!

• I would thank Scirra or anyone on the forums that helped you... you must have had some play testing done.. no? put those names down to...

and as far as the big jobs like game design, programming, art, music/sound... if you did them, you could just say..

A Game by... Rekjl (add full name here)

or: All design, programming, art, sound and music was created by rekjl.

Nothing wrong with that. you should be proud to have done it all yourself! That is an achievement! I think Towerfall is like that..it just says. A game by Matt Thorson.

• Perhaps that is why I specially made a funny animation sequence that is specially for my credits section. Haha not sure how many players will actually see it since it is in the credits section though

excellent idea!

I've always watch all the credits.. usually for the music and pictures..

• jobel, Haha there are soooo many people here who have helped me down this path. I've been here for about 2 years and have created about 10 different games all thanks to the input and guidance of our super helpful members here (all not published cause I excitedly went straight to creating another game). Because of their help, I now feel much more confident that when I think up a game design, I feel like I already have a grasp of how to create it. Hmm.....I really could add a special thank you section and place all those who have helped me.....I am just worried that I might accidentally left out a few because there are so many of them. But I do think this is a good idea, especially since this is going to be my first published game. Thanks guys!

• rekjl - Check the credits on my game, Brick Breaker X: Rescue Rush. That will be the nice guide for you to make a nice credits.

• Tetriser, thanks for that! Haha I will follow a bit, but since my game is for the phone, the structure will have to be different.

Also, just to let you know, I played your game on my pc but there seems to be some weird artifacts when I play, all in the menu area.

• rekjl - Thanks for your opinion, I plan to fix this after I finished both Perry World and Perry Super Pack (a minigame pack for Android).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)