What types of plugins would you like to see?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 pm

+1 for nimos100
Just make sure they are webgl.
That would go along way to a gui plug menu, hud etc.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Would love to see a chromecast plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:41 pm

megatronx wrote:Don't go away yet! From top of my head, here are mine! :)

Behaviours:
Solid Plus - switch on or off collisions only between selected objects. Also support for isometric objects.
Ladder/Bridge - self explanatory

Plugins:
Easy Menu - a plugin that easily lets you create menu's. Whatever can be done in ide, the rest can be set by events.
Easy Inventory - grid based drag-n-drop inventory, set size and number of cells. Has it's own array for ease of access trough events.
Easy HUD - Allows for creating HUD from predefined options.
Minimap - self explanatory

+2000
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Image Image Image Image
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 pm

-A better lighting plugin system
-An advanced Sprite plugin that has slots for diffuse and normal maps and can take into account the lighting system mentioned above
-A path-finding behavior that work with the platform behavior (mainly for enemy AI)
-A timeline editor (I am way too deep in the magic forest from now on, I know)! Animate each object with keyframes and trigger those transitions with events!
-A true 2.5 camera system that offsets the layers in to z space, like the camera in After Effects, or Hitfilm, or Toon Boom products.
-A better audio system that doesn't loose sync, enables you to make buses and multiple sends, has fade in/out actions per individual sound or per bus.
-A rope behavior(!)

And some of the things that have already mentioned:

-Path creation system with bezier handles, easing in/out for each point, and access to all this with events!
-Better particles that support initial angle offset/rotation speed and per-particle collisions.
-Menu and Inventory plugins
-Text object that allows for multiple fonts/styles/sizes/colors per object
-A dialog plugin that advances the text based on user actions. Ideally it should support some basic "navigation" elements, like forward/back arrows, scroll bars, type writer option etc.

If not for C2 then for C3 Quazi...!

PS: I would very much like to see a well documented manual, with example (video) tutorials for Q3D first however ;)
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:54 am

@elios

Certainly Q3D is going to be polished up before I start anything new, but i'm nearing the end stages of development with it now so it's mostly documentation left to do after the next big update. This is just a poll out of curiosity. In any case i'm more looking for potential weekend projects and the like, it's always good to have a lot on the back-burner so I never run dry on ideas.

As for the sprite + lighting, this might be something I integrate into Q3D.

@C91Designs

I probably wouldn't do spine, It's proprietary software and it's pretty redundant with spriter already being around and tightly integrated into C2. I also don't own it or desire to purchase it. There just isn't enough incentive to justify the work for me.

Path plugin is something i'm really starting to consider now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:03 am

FTP capabilities :)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 am

megatronx wrote:Don't go away yet! From top of my head, here are mine! :)

Behaviours:
RTS Plus - Moving objects can avoid each other, too not to bump or overlap each other.
Array Plus - you can name columns and rows for ease of requesting data.

Plugins:
2d pathfinding - Pathfinding for 2d games, includes following other object.

these are already here - pathfinding can make sure you don't bump or overlay stuff depending on your grid size. if you use too small they will, bigger - they won't.
also following is simple - use "every x sec - > find path to (objectyouwantofollow.x, objectyouwanttofollow.y), move along path)" also set x to something like 0.2 sec or 1 sec. if you have a changeable space - use regenerate obstable map somewhere before also each 0.2 sec or 1 sec (it's good enough once for static objects)

array plus - not sure if it can be done. C# has datatable that has datarows that can use "COLUMN" names for getting data from a column, or cell, but i think JavaScript has nothing like this that would support it easily.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 am

Spritefont that let's me make some words a different size or color. So I don't need to use 20 different objects in the same place.

ome6a1717 wrote: an audio action/expression to fade in and out of a specific tagged audio file.

Ya, an enhanced audio object that requires less work to use would be good. Fading out a song then playing a different song or playlist.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:17 am

@ome6a1717
@alspal

I had made a plugin which could start with fade-in or fade-out then stop audio.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General