[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
What was your favorite old computer or console? - Scirra Forums

What was your favorite old computer or console?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:20 pm

B
G

Post » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:45 pm

My favorite console is the NES.

As for my favorite old computer, it's a toss-up between the TRS-80 Color Computer and the Macintosh SE. I learned how to program BASIC on the CoCo, and I spent countless hours using HyperCard to make crappy games on the SE.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:17 am

I'm the guy that checked Atari :P

Had an Atari800XL, learned BASIC on it. Tried to make games. Failed horribly.

I had a NES and SNES too and both were really awesome, but my roots are with Atari.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Haha, no love for the Honeywell yet! :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 am

Video game consoles are typically powered by operating systems and CPUs that differ from desktop computers.Ataris Adventure is rightfully considered by many to be the first ever action-adventure game. Its the first ever to allow a player to have a stash of items, requiring the player to select which one to use at any given moment.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Having to choose one is a bit tough, but I'll have to go with the Amiga. It was a great computer. I had 2 of them over a span of about 10 years, with the second being heavily modified over time.

I almost picked the Commodore 64, as it was my first PC, but the Amiga was huge leaps ahead of it. However, I did really like, and often miss, the fact that I knew almost *everything* about that computer. Basic and Machine Language were easy to learn because the instruction sets were small, and I knew what every memory location did, and how I could use them. I was never quite that familiar with the Amiga, and since Windows Xp, I barely know what's going on at low level in my computer...

Anyway, I don't like lumping PCs with consoles, so my favorite console was SNES. :) It had some really great games for it's time. I still play some of them occasionally.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic