What would be your dream game (to make)?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 11:52 am

Beaverlicious wrote:... a game that makes me so much money, that I can spent the rest of my life making the games I want without disturbing things like...jobs....:-P

Who doesn't dream of that? :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 2:57 pm

My ultimate game is one that has been rattling around in my brain for years. It would be set in an underground lab and you would start off my creating a very simple monster that would begin life in an incubation tube.

You would choose from a list of basic abilities and would be assigned a random weakness and try to escape the lab. Every time I see a monster in a movie that is just human science gone wrong, I always sympathize with the monster. People made it that way, then they keep it locked up and experiment on it!

I would love if the game would start off small, being played mostly as a sneaking game, and end up a huge city-levelling Godzilla romp.
Visit me at EgoAnt.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Beaverlicious wrote:... a game that makes me so much money, that I can spent the rest of my life making the games I want without disturbing things like...jobs....:-P

Aint that the truth!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Haha, yeah! If I ever make one of these wonder-games, feel free to come to me with good ideas :-P

PS: 600 post btw... time really flies....while making games :-P
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 am

EgoAnt wrote:My ultimate game is one that has been rattling around in my brain for years. It would be set in an underground lab and you would start off my creating a very simple monster that would begin life in an incubation tube.

You would choose from a list of basic abilities and would be assigned a random weakness and try to escape the lab. Every time I see a monster in a movie that is just human science gone wrong, I always sympathize with the monster. People made it that way, then they keep it locked up and experiment on it!

I would love if the game would start off small, being played mostly as a sneaking game, and end up a huge city-levelling Godzilla romp.

that would be awesome. kinda like a survival game meets Rampage game.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Some kind of hybrid between the good old 2D beat em ups and MMORPG fighting mechanics, with both Cooperative and Versus modes...Well, now that I think of it, just a much more brainy version of Dragon's Crown, or a sidescrolling Diablo III without the mad loot loop :)
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Honest dream game?
a 3D platformer like Rayman 2 or Psychonauts.
It's a genre that sadly died out, replaced with 3rd person shooters.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

a platformer like super meat boy with megaman elements
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:04 pm

@Hasuak - What are you building your game in? I am super into Telltale games these days![/quote]

I'm making it on Visionaire Studio. It's pretty good, but still flawed on some aspects. One thing that really irks me is that I can't make the characters turn around before moving. Instead they just flip instantly to the clicked direction and start moving. It's possible to fix with programming but I don't have any skills on that area. It's a pain to be an artist and want to make a game because these engines that don't require programming are usually so limited.

Scirra I'm leaving for simpler games because a game with tons of dialogue trees and such can become quite a mess fast in it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:27 pm

A mix of Elder Scrolls with Legend of Zelda.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas