What would be your dream game (to make)?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Hasuak wrote:@Hasuak - What are you building your game in? I am super into Telltale games these days!

I'm making it on Visionaire Studio. It's pretty good, but still flawed on some aspects. One thing that really irks me is that I can't make the characters turn around before moving. Instead they just flip instantly to the clicked direction and start moving. It's possible to fix with programming but I don't have any skills on that area. It's a pain to be an artist and want to make a game because these engines that don't require programming are usually so limited.

Scirra I'm leaving for simpler games because a game with tons of dialogue trees and such can become quite a mess fast in it.[/quote]

Is C2 appropriate for dialogue driven games? My next project is a puzzle platformer with NPCs, each with their own dialogue trees. idk if I should use C2 for that and I've only made one game so far.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:32 pm

liquidsnake wrote:Is C2 appropriate for dialogue driven games? My next project is a puzzle platformer with NPCs, each with their own dialogue trees. idk if I should use C2 for that and I've only made one game so far.

It's good for dialogue-driven games, but I don't know if there's any tools for platforming. I'd recommend you to stay in C2 if you're going for anything that requires more than clicking on things and slowly moving from place A to place B.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Call of Duty, without a doubt!
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:47 am

Something as good as Diablo 2 LoD. Or an old school shooter, like DooM or Quake
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:08 am

Maybe not my ultimate, but.. if we're talking C2 capable then a Rogue-like. There are some good ones but I wish I'd written WazHack :) Great gameplay, balance.. visuals could do with a tweak but quite good (a Unity game).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Dream game? Something sort of weird amalgamation of pokemon, digimon, and magination. Additive gameplay, easy ability to spawn sequels or new versions, in some cases a ton of replay ability, sells like hotcakes.
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:23 pm

I would love to make a 3D Real Time Strategy Game Like Age Of Empires Or StarCraft ;)
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:19 pm

What ? Not sure... maybe a Monster Hunter Pocket, huh ? :-)
The point is mobile game seems like it is climbing faster than computer game.
B

Post » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Simple for me... an apocalyptic game like Stalker but with more survival and stealth for sneaking around (ala Far Cry1).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Pokemon, TF2, SimCity, Spore and all the other great games all in one!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas