What you get when ignoring Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:07 am

Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 am

@TiAm

as far as I know even in older Node-Webkit version there is issue of small jitter every a few seconds,
am I right? :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:01 am

@szymek Nope, it works fine for me in r185. I never had NW jitters, but again I don't always update to the latest C2 build unless I know its safe to do so. :)

It did jitter in Chrome preview, but that was resolved via the latest Chrome update.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 am

@Silverforce

in my case I see that 'platformer' behavior of enemies isn't 100% smooth and game can jerk, but I agree that old NW is working much better than Chrome

now I just found this post made by Chris:

"We also made a batch file to launch the game with node-webkit commands, this is clearly helping the frame rate:
--disable-threaded-compositing --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-zero-copy --disable-application-cache"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 pm

@szymek Sorry for this dumb question, but I'm not very familiar with commands.
Can it be transparent for the player, so he just run the game by clicking on the .exe file and the game launches with these arguments?
How would you make this?
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:30 pm

@Aurel

player should click .bat file with commands in it

i.e.

you can create file start.bat
and put inside:

@ECHO OFF

GameExportedWithNodeWebkit.exe --disable-threaded-compositing --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-zero-copy --disable-application-cache

(I used NW only on preview, so above .exe name is just an example)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Works like a charm, thanks a lot! : )

Now let's see if Steam can launch the game using this .bat and not the exe file, should be ok.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:52 pm

it can also be a simple shortcut I think @szymek , which may be easier for the player (like the start menu shortcut or the desktop shortcut would launch with those arguments)

@aurel

or maybe you can change the configuration file of node webkit to force those on, not sure I remember how to do it, but it is doable normally
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm

That shouldn't be necessary, the .bat is working pretty well. You can configure your app in Steamworks so it launches any file first.
I switched from the .exe to the .bat and it runs fine : )

Hopefully this will improve the perfs on the few computers which had troubles to use the GPU correctly.

(oh, and sorry for the thread hijack, I just realised it was focused on Ironhide at start)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:31 pm

I've mentioned this before but you should definitely get rid of those custom command line parameters as soon as you can - hopefully in the next version of node-webkit, which should fix the vsync issues. The Chrome team are aiming to only support one set of rendering features like threaded compositing mode and modes like "zero copy" are experimental (they are usually not enabled by default for a good reason). So these may have other bugs, crashes or issues for certain users and the Chrome team won't fix them because you're not supposed to be using them.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General