in April 2012
- Release 85 (beta) - Engine improvements
- Release 86 (beta) - New advanced event features (else, or, while, ...)
- Release 87 (beta) - XML plugin, JSON support (load, save) for arrays, misc bug fixes, fixing of th "OR" blocks.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- Plugin Bork - Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-bork_topic50742.html
- Plugin SLG pack - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50640&PID=321105&title=demo-of-slg-plugins-package#321105
- Plugin aStar - 00rez - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugins-behaviors-rez-repo_topic51087_post322118.html
- Behavior PathFinder - 00rez - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugins-behaviors-rez-repo_topic51087_post322118.html
- Behavior autotile - 00rez - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugins-behaviors-rez-repo_topic51087_post322118.html
- SpriteURL - 0plus1 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-spriteurl_topic51261.html
- Pode HTML pack - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugins-pode-html-pack_topic51522_post324677.html
- Plugin PDF creator - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-pdf-creator_topic51521.html
- Behavior recolor sprite - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-recolor-sprite_topic51640.html
- Behavior inject text on Sprite - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-inject-text-on-sprite_topic51516.html
- Fullscreen HTML5 gaming experience with Construct2 by Ashley - an article about the new "Fullscreen" option (in the browser object) and a bit more explanations on how to use it
- How we got over funded in just one week on KickStarter by Lucid - The first guest on Scirra's blog is Lucid, an active member of the Construct's community, who has had a Kickstarter campain running for his animation tool : Spriter. The campain got funded in a week and in this post Lucid give his opinion as of why it happened and tips one might reuse in launching a KickStarter campain.
- Why running a startup is like playing poker by Tom - An article where Tom draw a comparison line between playing poker and running a startup, explaining some aspects/tools that should help you win some pots and define a clear plan/risk course for your company.
- Avoiding insanity with an office by Tom - A reflexion upon the advantages that bring having an office after having used your home as a working site for an extended period of time.
- A critical bug was reported but seems happily to be restricted to a specific day of the year. More infos
- Apparently Microsoft has noticed Construct2 and is looking for US C2 developpers for their Win7 Phones
- Construct 2 and custom files - A discussion around the status of "file management"-like HTML5's current abilities
- Post about Ludum Dare competition where you can find discussions about the competition as well as submitted games.
Here that wraps up this April month. Some jokes, some serious releases. Lucid got rich, Scirra got a new HQ.
2012 goes on, see you next month.