in August 2012
The R100 and R101 were released bringing lots of new features and new shiny WebGL shader effects.
- Release 100 (beta) - Adds WebGL shader effects, and publishing to iOS, Android and desktop.
- Release 101 (beta) - Bug fixes and a few new shaders.
- Plugin Scenario - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-scenario_topic55147.html
- Behavior - Face detection - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-face-detection_topic55800.html
- Plugin appMobi - tap - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-appmobi-plugin-updates_topic55572_page1.html
- Plugin playMobi for appMobi - tap - http://www.scirra.com/forum/playmobi-by-appmobi_topic55312.html
- Plugin Base32k - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic56155_post350459.html
- Release 100 is coming 22nd August by Tom: An article teasing the new features that will be available in R100 like webGL effects, numerous exporters for mobiles as well as a point on the licenses price. Tom also announces that blog articles will be on their way to explain how to use the webGL effectsand other features after the release.
- WebGL shaders effects in Construct 2 by Ashley: An explanation/demonstration of what WebGL shaders can bring to your games as well as the consideration to have in mind when using them.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum
- "Construct 2 General" and "How do I" are the main forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
- What you may have missed in June 2012
- What you may have missed in July 2012
Quick summer summary, the most important being to play around with the newest release, more documentation, examples and results will come during the next months.
Also be sure to check the front page of the website, there's a new design that will be applied to the rest of the site in the coming months.
See you next month.