In December 2015
- Release 219 Beta - A few changes and a batch of bug fixes.
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Behavior Parallax Background for side scrolling games - Zed2100 - https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-parallax-background-for-side-scrolling-games_t165505
- Plugin Node Downloader - mqt - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-node-downloader_t164832
- Plugin Cordova Send SMS - lanceal - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-cordova-send-sms_t165237 Commercial
- Plugin Native like transition -> Layout transition V2 - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-native-like-transition-gt-layouttransition-v2_t165357
- Frostedglass - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-frostedglass_t165112 - chrisbrobs
- Lookup Filter - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-lookupfilter_t166124 - chrisbrobs
- Web tech Year 2015 in review - An article in which Ashley goes over the web tech that occurred during 2015 as well as what has directly concerned Scirra and Construct2. Even a quick note on Construct 3 as well as future perspective.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum category, either completed creations or works in progress.
- You can listen to the unofficial C2 podcast
- If you haven't already, be sure to check out the videos playlist "C2 academy" up on youtube !
New videos get added on a regular basis on subjects YOU have asked for !!!
- Get help using Construct2 in the "How do I forum or even in the "Beginner's questions forum.
Those are the forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget to also consult the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it.
- A list of all completed plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Completed addons" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Effects" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the appropriate forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or [Effect]).
Don't hesitate to ask moderators when doing so in case you're confused where would be the better place to post.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
- What you may have missed in December 2014
- What you may have missed in January 2015
- What you may have missed in February 2015
- What you may have missed in March 2015
- What you may have missed in April 2015
- What you may have missed in May 2015
- What you may have missed in June 2015
- What you may have missed in July 2015
- What you may have missed in August 2015
- What you may have missed in September 2015
- What you may have missed in October 2015
- What you may have missed in November 2015
Happy new year 2016 to all !