in February 2012
Hello, February 2012 has been a short month (29 days), still it was another pretty intense month for Construct 2's releases, website and community.
- 7 releases for Construct 2 :
- Release 78 - Particles, families variables and drag & drop
- Release 79 - Mainly bugfixes and useful tweaks to physics and platform behaviors
- Release 79.2 - Mainly bugfixes from r79 introduced bugs
- Release 79.3 - Mainly bugfixes from r79 introduced bugs
- Release 79.4 - Mainly bugfixes from r79 introduced bugs
- Release 80 - Beta update with appMobi plugin, built-in backup and more.
- Release 80.2 - Beta Bugfix version for the bugs introduced in r80
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- Plugin Multiline textbox by septeven - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-multiline-box_topic48898_post307078.html
- Plugin toggle button (iOs style) by septeven - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic48902_post307112.html
- Plugin Time Manager by CodeMasterMike - [ur]http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-time-manager_topic49030.html[/url]
- Plugin ajaxPost by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-ajaxpost_topic49039_post308252.html
- Plugin iOSDialogs by septeven - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-iosdialogs_topic49252_post309848.html
- Plugin Object 3d [Alpha] by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-object-3d-alpha_topic49314_post310516.html
- Behavior Pin-Get pinned UID by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-pin-behavior-get-pinned-uid_topic49340_post310396.html
- Plugin SVG Canvas by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-svg-canvas-vector-graphics_topic49410_post310910.html
- Plugin Pokki by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-pokki_topic49435_post311049.html
- Plugin MathFunction by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-mathfunction_topic49494_post311559.html
- Plugin iFrame filter by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-iframe-filter_topic49509_post311657.html
- Behavior Cartesian by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-cartesian_topic49527.html
- Plugin MultiTouch by yumyum - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-multi-touch_topic49525.html
- Plugin square with fill and outline by shinkan - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-square-with-fill-and-outline_topic49577_post311949.html
- Appmobi and spring time roadmap by Ashley - Ashley makes the point on developpment for mobiles and gives a few pointers on what's next for C2
- How Construct2 helps make HTML5 work by Ashley - "It's interesting to read the continuing debate around HTML5. [...] However, from a Construct 2 user's point of view, many of the arguments simply do not apply because we've already done the work in our HTML5 game engine."
- Introducing the graphic driver updater utility by Ashley - Scirra provides a tool for the end user (as well as C2 users) to check out and help download and install the latest drivers for the graphic cards
- Making a fast website by Tom - A practical and insightful discussion about the "tricks" and good practices to make a website fast and the repercussion of such speed, using the example of scirra.com
- Input bug appears to be fixed - Ashley found a fix to the input bug in chrome and chrome appeared to have found a fix around the same time (chrome 18 beta)
- Help test the GamePad API - Ashley has began working on a mappings database for existing controllers/pad using beta versions of chrome and Firefox to run the tests. Be part of the future right now.
- What to call the process of programming in Construct 2 - An interesting discussion displaying the different opinions and wording used to qualify "programming with C2" by the community itself.
- Why HTML5 and the future of exporters - Community discussion around the concerns that some members ressent toward the HTML5 platform.
- Tesitmonials do you have a few spare minutes - For marketing purposes, Scirra needs testimonials and ask the community for any kind contributor to the cause.
- Rotary competition deadline extended 5th March - Due to several technical difficulties with the site and the released versions, Scirra has decided to push the time allowed for the Rotary competition. You still have a couple of days to submit your entry.
Also there's been quite a few new tutorials. The community is sharing more and more useful informations/tips/tricks and knowledge.
There have been also a great deal of new games uploaded in the Arcade and in the Your creations forum. Take the opportunity of this topic to post about the games you may have tried this past month and enjoyed a great deal. It will bring some welcomed exposure to the games and their authors.
This shortest month of 2012 has been pretty intense in C2 releases as well as in the website/community in general.
We're still all alive, see you next month.