In February 2015
- Release 196 Beta - Physics engine update.
- Release 196.2 Beta - Bug fixes.
- Release 197 Beta - More physics updates.
- Releast 198 Beta - Tilemap bar zoom, more bug fixes.
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Plugin Rex_FireBase - rexrainbow - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-firebase_t121776
- Plugin rex_ListCtrl - rexrainbow - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-rex-listctrl_t125065
- Plugin Listview - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-listview-11-theme-sorting-update-v1-2_t124360
- Plugin FlatUi Button - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-flatui-button-7-theme-50-icons-update-v1-4_t124213
- Behavior Destroy inside of layout - Sailer - https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=124690&p=892204#p892204
- Plugin Nosy Facetype - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-nosy-facetype_t124765
- Behavior State Machine - anpur - https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-state-machine_t125183
- Plugin Photon Cloud - ThePhotons - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-photon-cloud_t125222
- Plugin Star Rating - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-star-rating_t125134
- Plugin Table (2D Dictionary) - troublesum - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-table-2d-dictionary_t125862
- Plugin Storage (3D Dictionary) - troublesum - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-storage-3d-dictionary_t125861
- Behavior Character Generator - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-character-generator_t124478
- Plugin Self hosted open source PHP leaderboard for C2 - htejera - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-a-self-hosted-open-source-php-leaderboard-for-con_t125116
- Build a game challenge - An article in which Tom let's you know about a challenge Scirra is running to celebrate the possibility to export to the Amazon Appstore thanks to Construct 2 and let's you win vouchers for Scirra's online store.
- Answer your own performance questions with measurements - An article in which Ashley gives clues on how to best get answers to the various "what is best for performances option A or option B ?" questions in our forums and that is to measure yourself the performances for those and this article gives clues on how to do so.
- Time to move towards secure hosting - An article in which Ashley indicates some of the latest securing movements over the web that occurred lately, possibly leading to a need for web hosted content to be served in the future through https (secured http)/http2 protocols.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum category, either completed creations or works in progress.
- You can listen to the unofficial C2 podcast
- Get help using Construct2 in the "How do I forum or even in the "Beginner's questions forum.
Those are the forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget to also consult the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it.
- A list of all completed plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Completed addons" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Effects" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the appropriate forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or [Effect]).
Don't hesitate to ask moderators when doing so in case you're confused where would be the better place to post.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
See you next month.