In January 2016
- Release 220 Beta - More bug fixes and improvements, especially for NW.js.
- Release 221 Stable - Stable update with updated NW.js support.
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Behavior Shake (not camera) - luizgama - https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-shake-not-camera_t166389
- Plugin AirConsole - Local multiplayer for your game - FraConsole - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-airconsole-local-multiplayer-for-your-game_t167377
- Plugin Video Call - hmmg - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-video-call_t167151
- Plugin Simple Encryption/Decryption - socialpilgrim - https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-simple-encrytion-decryption-plugin_t167841
- Plugin Send emails with Construct - armaldio - https://www.scirra.com/forum/send-emails-with-construct_t167741
- BasicBlur - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-basicblur_t166923 - chrisbrobs
- Direction/Motion Blur - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-direction-motion-blur_t166595 - chrisbrobs
- WebGLSphere - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-webglsphere_t167452 - chrisbrobs
- Lottes CRT Shader Conversion - https://www.scirra.com/forum/lottes-crt-shader-conversion-couple-of-large-images_t167655 - ErekT
- 3D Deform Shader FX - https://www.scirra.com/forum/effect-3d-shader-fx_t166605 - Gigatron
- High pass and low pass filters - [url]https://www.scirra.com/forum/high-pass-and-low-pass-image-filter_t166995[url] - Gigatron
- How to get WebGL on the Raspberry 2 - An article in which Ashley explains the steps he took to get webGL to work on a Raspberry 2.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum category, either completed creations or works in progress.
- You can listen to the unofficial C2 podcast
- If you haven't already, be sure to check out the videos playlist "C2 academy" up on youtube !
New videos get added on a regular basis on subjects YOU have asked for !!!
- Get help using Construct2 in the "How do I forum or even in the "Beginner's questions forum.
Those are the forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget to also consult the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it.
- A list of all completed plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Completed addons" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Effects" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the appropriate forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or [Effect]).
Don't hesitate to ask moderators when doing so in case you're confused where would be the better place to post.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
A nicely starting year.
Thank you to the community, keep being awesome and see you next month.